twenty three

^^^ all of you once you finish reading this chapter :)

Jack's POV

I lay awake in bed, completely frustrated and heartbroken. She wouldn't leave my mind. She hasn't left my mind for years.

I thought after high school I could leave and try to meet another girl who'd be better than her, but a better girl never came. And now, here she is again, and the feelings all came rushing back as if I had been hit by a tsunami.

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair when I finally accepted this would be another night lost to my thoughts of her. I couldn't help but let my mind drift back to the night where I almost made her mine.

"I feel so awful, I just want this pain to end," Violet cried into my chest.

"Baby, it's going to end sooner than you think. He's a dick, I knew it from the start. It's going to be alright and I promise you that you'll find someone very soon," I whispered into her ear as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"I thought I loved him. Love is stupid, Jack," She continued to sob.

"Love isn't stupid. I know you feel stupid now, but it's the one thing in life that keeps people going. It's the one thing that keeps them from walking out the door and the one thing that can fill people with a unique sense of happiness,"

"Why are you so good with words?" She chuckled. She tried to form a smile but her tears made her face contort into an odd shape. I smiled at her and moved the hair out of her face.

"I don't know. It's the best way I can express myself,"

"Well, you're smart for not being in a relationship. They turn people into this," she sighed as she pointed towards her crying self.

"Only bad and unhealthy relationships turn people into crying messes. Babe, you're better off without him, I swear to you. You can start looking for better guys now,"

"What if there aren't any better guys!"

"I'm a better guy," I mumbled. She whipped her head up at me and smiled.

"I know you are," Violet grabbed my face and my heart sped up. Here it is. The kiss I've been waiting for for five years. She leaned in closer to me and I felt as if my heart would burst-and then, he walked in.

"Violet! There you are! Baby girl, can we please talk about this?" Colton, her recently ex-boyfriend, pleaded as he burst through her door. I wanted to punch him right there. I was about to kiss her. The girl I've been in love with for years was being taken from me once more.

"Colton, I-" she began, yet I cut her off.

"Get out, Colton. You hurt her and you don't deserve a second chance," I growled as I got up from her bed.

"Excuse me?" He chuckled, suddenly aware of my presence.

"You heard me. She's had enough of your bullshit. You don't deserve the most perfect girl in the world. You deserve that whore you were cheating on her with. She doesn't want you, so just get out," I yelled at him.

"Violet, are you seriously letting him speak to me like this?" Colton scoffed. She wiped her eyes as she stared at the ground and nervously played with her shirt.

"Violet!" Colton yelled. She whipped her head up and I remember seeing a hint of fear in her eyes, as if she knew what he would do to her if she didn't respond.

"Please g-get out, Colton," Violet stuttered. I smiled at her since she finally said what I wanted her to say.

"I can't believe this. You know what? Fúck you, I didn't care anyways," He growled as he slammed her bedroom door.

She erupted into more tears, which was a surprise to both of us that she had more tears to shed. Violet buried her face into my chest once more and I just rubbed her back until she got it all out.

"I hate seeing you like this. You're not this weak, crying girl, Vi. You're so much stronger than this," I told her. She sighed and nodded.

"I seriously needed that. God, I don't know what I would do without you," she smiled as she hugged me and kissed my cheek a few times. Every time she touched me, I felt a small shock of electricity, which made my heart flutter. She ended up falling asleep in my arms, completely oblivious to my love for her growing.

I shook my head to get the thoughts out of my head. I wish I could go back to that time and tell her I loved her. She would've been mine already. She could've felt the same way and never told me. She might feel the same way now. Except that Harry prick is in the way.

I was able to get rid of her other boyfriends, so what makes getting rid of Harry so much harder?

For Colton, I just had to send a girl his way and he was banging her the next second. With the boy before him, I had to talk a little trash to get that relationship over with. But with Harry, he's not budging. But oddly enough, it's Violet who isn't budging.

She's stronger. She's more caring and accepting, if that's even possible. I refuse to believe that she loves that bastard. He doesn't appreciate her. He's only trying to get into her pants; just like the rest of them. I sighed and grabbed my phone once I thought of an idea.

"Isabelle? I've got a favor to ask," I smirked into the phone.

•••
it's fucked up. but fucked up is fun :) sorry for the sucky chapter, I wanted to give y'all a little insight on Jack's and Vi's relationship and his (obvious) feelings for her xx -C