twenty eight

Violet's POV

It has been a few days since Harry visited me and it pains me to say he was all I could think about. I'm not the type of girl to let a guy completely consume my thoughts, but I suppose there's a first for everything. I still have feelings for him, and now he knows it. I'm just terrified of getting hurt if I put my all into him again.

I want him, there's no hiding that. I honestly wish I could hide my feelings from him, but he knows my tricks. He knows I deny everything; and I know he does the same. I hate, and also unfortunately love, how well he knows me.

I was trying my hardest to get him off my mind by laying down and reading a good book. There's nothing else like getting lost inside a book- it takes you far from your problems and lets you discover an entirely new world.

"Hello, hello!" Isabelle screeched as she burst through the door and interrupted my reading. Sadly, no book can take me far enough from her.

"Hi. I haven't seen you much lately," I mumbled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I know you missed me, but here I am! I've got a lot to tell you!" She clapped her hands and jumped onto my bed.

"Oh joy," I whispered sarcastically to myself as I set my book down and stared at her.

"So you know Jack right?" Isabelle grinned as she awaited my answer. Is she serious right now? Yes, I know that psychopath. "Yeah," I muttered.

"Well him and I sort of...we're sort of a thing now," she smiled at me. I sat there in shock for a moment, but ultimately, who could find a better match for them.

Of course they got together. Jack had these borderline psychotic protective ways, which tiny twisted Isabelle loves. Isabelle loves adventures, and what better man to show her adventure and frankly, insanity, than Jack. And plus, they'll be so enamored with one another they won't bother me.

"I'm happy for you," I smiled at her.

"Thanks Vi! Do you want to know how big he is?" Isabelle blurted out, causing me to scream. "I really don't!" I yelled.

"He's-" She began, yet I screamed and covered my ears. "I don't want to know!"

"Okay, fine! Just thought you might be curious," Isabelle winked at me.

"It's none of my business," I groaned.

"He's so wonderful! Gosh, you really missed out. He's so much better than Harry," She continued. I rolled my eyes at her and blurted out, "How can you say he's better than Harry when you were practically begging for Harry a few months ago?"

"I was not begging for Harry!" Isabelle scoffed. I started to laugh as my patience for her suddenly disappeared. "Whatever," I muttered.

"I wasn't!" She said again. "I don't give a fück!" I yelled at her, loosing my temper.

"Geez, what's gotten into you?"

"I can't get into this right now, just leave me alone please," I sighed. There's no getting through to her no matter what I say. She's not worth my time and effort right now, and I just want to relax.

"Fine. I'll just go hang out with Jack," Isabelle huffed and stormed out of the room. On the bright side, them dating is basically killing two birds with one stone. They'll both leave me be, which is perfect. The only problem is that I'll most likely have to deal with both of them at one time. It'll be a miracle if we all make it out alive.

After I was able to cool down from speaking with Isabelle, I was able to read some more and be transferred to the lovely world of fiction again. It was all going great until someone knocked on my door, forcing me to get up and answer it.

I opened the door and no one was to be found. However, there was a bouquet of roses on the floor in front of my door with a note attached. I smiled to myself as I realized the flowers could be from only one person. Him.

I picked up the note and read what it said. "I told you I'd come back, love. I'm picking you up for dinner tomorrow at seven. See you then my darling xx H."

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I reread the note over and over. There's no point in trying to forget him now, it's obviously never going to happen. After all, how could someone forget a man like Harry Styles?

•••
So cheesy but I love it. I finally pushed an update out..it's summer for me and I'm trying to enjoy myself so hopefully I'll be writing more (;

Thank you so much for reading babes, I love ya xx -C