sixteen

Harry's POV

I was pacing in my bedroom, completely shocked on what just happened and unsure of what I would do. I couldn't believe the nerve of Isabelle. How could she come onto me like that? Especially since she's friends with Violet?

Yes, I had a past with Isabelle. We had a fling here and there, but we kept it on the down low. She wanted to tell everyone about us, and I wanted nothing but privacy about 'us.' I broke it off with her a long, long time ago. To have her randomly hit on me after my date with Violet is no coincidence.

Isabelle definitely told Violet what happened. And she lied too. Violet wouldn't believe Isabelle...right? I sighed as I sat down on my bed and put my head in my hands. I glanced at the clock, which read 1:35 AM.

I wasn't going to be able to sleep knowing Violet probably thought I tried to sleep with her roommate. "Fùck it," I grumbled, grabbing my coat and rushing over to Violet's dorm.

The air was cold, leaving me with chills going down my back. My nerves started to heighten the closer I got to Violet's dorm. What if she hates me now? What if she won't even listen to me? What if I lose the most beautiful girl who walked into my life?

I found my way up to Violet's dorm and I stopped in front of the doorway. I stared at the door for a moment before building up the courage to knock on the door. I checked my phone, seeing that the clock now read 2:03 AM.

I heard shuffling inside, and soon Violet opened the door. She had her hair pulled back while wearing pajamas. Violet looked tired and almost as if she'd been crying. Yet somehow, she's never looked more beautiful to me.

"Harry?" She groggily said in surprise.

"Violet, I need to talk to you,"

"Now? It's late. I was actually getting some sleep for once," Violet smiled weakly. I grinned at how cute she was when she was sleepy.

"I'm sorry, this just couldn't wait until tomorrow. Is Isabelle in there?" I asked.

"Yeah,"

"We should probably stay out here, then," I sighed. Violet nodded and shut the door.

"Did Isabelle say anything about what...happened between me and her earlier?"

"Yes," She simply replied.

"What did she say?"

"She told me that you basically tried to force her into sex with you. I think she said something about you having a few drinks and then leading her up to your room. Then, you know, you tried to 'rape' her," Violet explained.

"Oh my God! Violet, I would never do that! That's not the story at all! You know I'm not like that! You have to believe-"

"I believe you, Harry," She smiled.

"What?"

"I said I believe you. You're not that kind of person," Violet shrugged.

"How can you be so perfect? Anyone else would've believed what Isabelle said, but you didn't believe the rumor," I grinned while pulling her in for a hug.

"It's not good to assume. Plus, if you use logic, there's holes in Isabelle's story. It still hurt me to hear it, though. But, what actually happened?"

"I got back from our date and I found Isabelle lying on my bed. She tried to seduce me and get me to have sex with her, but I wouldn't. I just couldn't do something like that to you. Isabelle got furious over that and she told me she would tell you I tried to rape her, in hopes that it would ruin our relationship or something," I explained.

Violet stood there completely shocked as she listened to my story. I saw her face go from confusion to sadness in a matter of seconds.

"Why would she do that to me?" Violet was able to get out.

"She's jealous of you, love. You should ask her what actually happened. I don't want you to get hurt, but you don't deserve people who claim to be your friends and don't want you to be happy," I told her. She nodded and sleepily hugged me.

"Thank you for looking out for me," I heard her whisper. I smiled and rested my chin on the top of her head.

"That's what I'm here for," We stood there just holding one another for what seemed like hours, but was only a few minutes. She pulled away and looked up at me and smiled.

"Harry," She started, "can you kiss me?"

I stared at her sleepy eyes and how adorable she looked, and I couldn't help but smile. "You never have to ask, darling,"

Violet grinned at me and pulled me closer to her. I leaned down, and we finally connected our lips. Her hands found their way into my hair, and I felt a sense of comfort as her fingers lightly ran through my hair. We pulled away briefly, and I saw that Violet was smiling but she kept her eyes closed.

"Someone is really sleepy," I teased.

"I am," She agreed.

"Let's get you to bed," I opened the door to her room and guided her to her bed. I helped her into it and made sure to put all her blankets over her. I kissed her one last time before getting ready to go.

"Harry," Violet called out as quietly as she could. I turned around, and saw her smile at me.

"Will you lie with me?" She motioned towards the extra pillows on her bed and I grinned.

"Won't Isabelle be furious when she sees us in the same bed?" I laughed.

"Well, she's just going to have to live with it," Violet said with her eyes already closed. I slipped into the bed with her and pulled her closer to me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her ear as a silent goodnight.

After a few minutes, Violet seemed to drift off to sleep. I felt myself drifting off to sleep too, just listening to her heartbeat and soft breaths. I was able to fall asleep, just wondering how I got so lucky.

•••
lowkey uneventful, I'm so sorry. I didn't want Vi to freak on him bc let's be honest Isabelle is tripping and Harry is a sweetheart most of the time ;) anywho, thank you so much for reading! xx -C