A Shooting Star ~ Chapter 22

Garroth's POV

Images of that girl flew through my mind. Who was she? She seemed familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. A nurse walked in, snapping me from my thoughts. "You have a visitor. Shall I allow them in?" She asked. I nodded with a small smile. She left, and shortly after walked in another girl. I don't quite remember who she is, but I know I have a burning hatred for her. "Garroth? Oh my, Garroth!" She said, though it was obvious she was acting. "Who are you?" I ask. "I'm your girlfriend!" She said happily. "Um, I don't think s-" I was cut off by a pair of plump lips slamming into mine. I pushed her away. "You were never my girlfriend!" I said sternly. "Aw, man. You're right, I'm not." Her smile became a glare. "Now, a girl came in earlier, did she not?" She asked. "Eh- yeah, why?" I say with narrowed eyes. "Because. She's the one who did this to you. Those tears were guilt." She spat. "I don't trust you enough to believe that." I answer emotionlessly.

"I see. Well, then I suppose this visit is in vane if you won't believe me. I'll be going now." She turned on her heel. "Wait! I- she did?" A smug grin became of her frown. "Yes. She wanted to kill you, that idiot girl. I tried to interfere, but she knocked me out. See?" She lifted up her hair to reveal a large bruise. "She also went after your brother, Zane." Now, I remember Zane. I remember him good. "Is he safe!?" I ask, alarmed. "Safe and sound." She smirked. "Can you bring me the girl from earlier?" I ask. A glint of mischief shone in her eyes. "Of course. Oh, the name is Sasha. Sasha Rosebury." And with that, she left.

Soon, my eyelids became heavier, and I dozed off to sleep. Only to be awaken by some commotion outside my door. 

"GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OF ME YOU MURDERER!" The girl from before yelled. Sasha had her hands behind her back, tied together. "Ha! Like I would. Right now, he thinks you tried to kill him and Zane!" She laughed. "WHAT!?" The girl, (f/n), I think, yelled. "Hey, opportunity knocks! And I answered!" Sasha sneered. "You dark, twisted, bastard!" (f/n) yelled, struggling to get free of her bonds. "Well, I'm not the one Garroth wants to hurt right now! Hmph!" Then the doorknob wiggled and I pretended to be asleep. "Garroth.. I have her!" Sasha smirked. I pretended to yawn, but jumped up and pinned Sasha to a wall. She squirmed, but didn't escape. "What is this for!?" She demanded. "Opportunity knocks, Sasha. And I answered." I said through gritted teeth, before punching her and knocking her out. 

Panting, I turned to (f/n). "Are you okay?" I asked. "Better than her.." she replied, glancing at Sasha. I untied her hands. "T-Thanks.." she muttered. "We.. weren't just friends, were we?" I ask quietly. She shook her head, tears welling in her eyes. She was staring at the ground. "Please.. tell me.." I beg. "I.. I can't." She said. "(f/n).. I need this. I am begging you!" I plead. She heaved a sigh, "fine." I sat down and she sat down at the foot of the bed.

"Remember the story?" She asked.  I nod. "That girl is me. The boy who I went on a date with, his name was Laurence, the girl who told me my savior liked me was our friend Aphmau, and my savior was.." She paused, and I finished for her. "Me." A tear from her eyes dropped down, but she quickly wiped it away. "Take me there." I whispered. She looked at me, confused. "Where?" 

"Our little secret."

Your POV

The words stabbed me like a knife. I could feel his warm breath in my ear. "Meet me at our little secret at 6." I could hear his soft sweet voice singing to me. "F-Fine," I huffed. "When?" He began pondering on my question. "Is now a good time?"  I nodded, tears stinging my eyes. How would my brain react to being there with him when he doesn't remember? "Why do you want to go there?" I ask through the burning lump in my throat. "So that we can try every way possible to trigger my memories." He said determinedly. I started toward the door.

Xx

"This is.. this is it." I stammer. "Alright. Still no memory. Try.. singing the song. The song that I sang to you." He suggested. "I don't know the lyrics.." I said. "Try." Is all he replied. I nodded. 

"My heart's a stereo, beats for you so listen close. Hear my thoughts in every note, uh oh.
Make me your radio, and turn me up when you feel low. This melody was meant for you, to sing along to my radio.
If I was just another dusty record on the shelf, would you blow me off and play me like everybody else? If I asked you to scratch my back, could you manage that?
Like it read well, check it Travie I can handle that.
Furthermore I apologize for any skipping tracks. Just the last girl to play me left a couple cracks.
I used to, used to, used to, now I'm over that, 'cause holding grudges over love is ancient artifacts.
If I could only find a note to make you understand, I'd sing it softly in your ear and grab you by the hand. Get it stuck inside your head, like your favorite tune. 
You know my heart's a stereo, that only plays for you!
"

My voice was dry and cracked, and overall awful. Garroth's wide blue eyes burned holes in my skull. "That was... beautiful." He said. "It was better when you sang it." That shut him up big-time. "You said there was a continuation?" He asked. I nodded and started singing again.

"My heart's a stereo, beats for you so listen close. Hear my thoughts in every note, uh oh.
Make me your radio, and turn me up when you feel low. This melody was meant for you, to sing along to my radio.
If I was an old-school fifty pound boombox, would you hold me on your shoulder wherever you walked? Would you turn my volume up, in front of the cops? And crank it louder everytime they told you to stop?
And all I ask is that you don't get mad at me, if you have to purchase mad-D batteries.
I appreciate all the mixtapes your friends make, you never know we come and go like on the interstate!
I think I finally found a note to make you understand, if you can hit it sing along and grab me by the hand! Hear myself inside your head like your favorite tune!
You know, my heart's a stereo, that only plays for you!
"

"Dang, you just get better and better." He whispered, before his face turned maroon. I blushed light pink, too. "So, any more ideas Einstein?" I ask. "Did you ever sing me any songs to me?" He asked. "Yes. It's called deep in the meadow." He nodded, "Sing it."

And we did everything we could. Let's just say it was 3:00 pm when we got there, and by the time we finished it was dark out.

"Well.. I guess this was all for nothing." I said. "Can we sit by the pond for a while?" He asked. I nodded, and we sat down in silence. Out of nowhere, a shooting star appeared. "Hey, look! A shooting staaaa.." He looked at me. "Are you o-" He cut me off by kissing me. His scent made my senses go fuzzy, and I cherished every moment of it. When he pulled away, there was a look in his eyes, a slight glimmer that told me he remembered. 

"What'd you wish for?" He asked. "Doesn't matter now, I just got my wish." I said. "For me to kiss you?" he said. "No. For you to remember." I answered. He smiled, and before I knew it I was kissing him passionately, as intensely as I did at the hospital. He pulled away first.

"How'd you know?" He asked. "I know you too well." I answered breathlessly before kissing him again. I couldn't help but melt in his warm embrace, as cheesy as it is to say. Er- think.

I've got my Garroth back. Hopefully, for good.