It's a trap ~ Chapter 32

Your POV

"Guys... thank you. I love you all so much, and I've only known you for a bit, but still... you are all amazing." I say, a smile breaking on my face. 

And then I got a call.

"Hello?" I answer, wary of the unknown number. A voice giggled. "Hey.." I nearly dropped the phone, the grin disappearing immediately. I mouthed to my friends, "It's Sasha" while pointing to the phone. "How did you escape?" I demanded. "Funny you should say that... it was someone you know. And appreciate. Hehehe!" "WHO?!" I yell into the phone. "Hey, hey, no need to get all feisty! Oh, and that kiss, did you notice?" Sasha fake-whisperes. "You know, between A and Aaron. Ooooh!" "Just tell me who." I say through gritted teeth. "Aw, you can do better than that!" I clear my throat. "HEHE, I LIKE, TOTS WANT TO KNOW WHO IT IS! OH MY GOD IS IT LIKE, SOMEONE I TRUST! LOL, HAHA!" I squeal. I just lost a bit of my dignity. "Much better. But, I unfortunately can't help you." She said. "Look, Sasha, can we just talk things out, you know, and be nice?" I ask. "I am being nice! Look around." I do so. "If I was being mean, you would be looking at your friends' dead bodies. So appreciate me being on my best behavior!" I put her on speaker so my friends can hear. "Well, I should be going now." Sasha says smoothly. Garroth wildly gestures to keep talking. He must be doing something that requires her to be on the phone. "Wait- I want to ask you something!" I said, raking my mind for ideas. 

"Oh yeah? What?" She asks excitedly. "You aren't being nice, because you sent Dante to kill us all." I said. "Hmm, true. But he wasn't actually going to do it." She replied. "Well he's a pretty good actor." I said, eyeing Garroth carefully. "Oh, he wasn't acting. He thought he was supposed to kill you all, but I knew Nicole was there, and he would never do that in front of or to Nicole. He still loves her, you know." "Don't you talk to me about feelings." I hiss. "You don't think you could use some expertise about Garroth and you?" She asks playfully. Garroth looks up immediately, and I flush in anger. "You consider yourself an expert?" I ask calmly. "Yes, actually. I have a guy of my own." She says smugly. "And if I know anything, it's that Garroth is losing interest." She said coolly. 

"H-He is?" I can't help the small voice I spoke in. "Haven't you noticed how he used to look at you with curiosity, and tenderness, and now he looks at you with... bland expressions?" She asked. A pang of hurt pokes my heart. "I.. I guess so..." It's a trap... it's a trap.. or is it? 

"You poor, poor soul. You need to step up your game, honey." Garroth gives me a thumbs up and tells me to hang up the phone. But I don't. "How?" I ask quietly. "I don't know. What do you think?" She hangs up before I can answer. 

I drop the phone with a gaping mouth, tears threatening to spill. Garroth walls toward me with open arms, which I happily accept. "Shes trying to get into your head, (f/n)." He says softly. "I know.. that's not what I'm afraid of." He looked at me with a concerned expression. "I'm afraid she was right." I ran to my room, locking the door. Pressing my ear to the door, I hear Garroth command the group.

"Alright, let's head out. She needs.. time." He said. I hear shuffling footsteps, and a door close. I sink to the floor, when I hear a knock. "(f/n), can I talk to you?" He asks. "No.. I'm sorry." I say through the wood. "Okay, bye..." I don't reply.

I wait a few hours before deeming it safe to leave my room. I open my door, and hit something. I look around the door, and see Garroth sitting against the wall. He smiled as he saw me. "Garroth.. I really can't.." "I know where Sasha is." He says. "That's the only reason I wanted to talk to you." Oh, great, now I feel bad for making him wait here. "That's great Garroth. Thanks." 
"But now that you're here.." I sigh, and my eyes find the floor. Sasha's words sing in my mind. "Don't say anything. I won't either. Just look into my eyes." I do. The beautiful, wonderful eyes I fall into every time I look at him. "She was right, huh? No curiosity.. no tenderness.." He says. "No. But there is one thing." I say. "Love." He finishes. I press my lips against his. His familiar smell and his soft touch makes my mood elevate by a lot. I love him.