Chapter One: Welcome To My Life

{The song ⬆️ is the anthem for this whole story. My fellow sisters, let's wear our hijabs proudly and not give in to what others say about us. Just keep in mind that we're kick butt bosses and not everyone has the amount of courage we do everyday when we step out with our hijabs! Now my fellow covers girls, let's continue to be the bosses that we are!}

Follow my personal instagram sumeyo_1

"Me and history do not go together!" - Zamzam Amin, IASWAD

CHAPTER ONE: Welcome To My Life

Zamzam Amin

"Come on Grams!! We're going to be late." I exclaimed waiting eagerly for my Grandma to come out. Dang and I thought I took a long time to get ready. The reason why she's taking so long is definitely not because she's aging, this woman moves faster than me and I am only 17! I sighed as I looked at the time on my watch. We were supposed to be at my brother's wedding thirty minutes ago! He's going to be so mad at us for coming so late. "I'm coming!" Grandma yelled as she walked down the steps quickly and put on her shoes.

"Alhamdulilah! Now let's get a move on please." I practically begged.

Grams and I both rushed out of the house and into my car. I turned on the car and smoothly got out of the driveway and turned on to the road. "I'm so happy for Abdirahman." Grams said with a proud smile on her face. "Your mom would've been so happy." She added with a sigh. She would've been happy seeing him get married, I thought to myself with a sad smile.

Soon enough we were at the place where the wedding was held at. After I parked the car, we rushed out as if our lives depended on it because it did. As we walked in my other brother Isa approached us with an upset look on his face. "Why are you guys so late?"He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I quickly pointed at Grams who put her hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry I wanted to look especially good for my first grandchild's wedding! Could you blame me?"She exclaimed almost defensively. "Let's just forget it and go in before we're more late." I responded with a sigh.

Grams and I walked into the women's section while Isa went to the men's. I spotted my sister-in-law to be, Ihsan, sitting at the center of the room. I quickly approached Ihsan and gave her a big hug and soon so did Grams. "You look beautiful!" I smiled widely at her.

"Thank yo-" She couldn't even finish her sentence before being interrupted by her friends and family. After a while my brother and his men walked inside the room and went up to Ihsan. I know what you're thinking, this is a mixed wedding!? Don't worry everyone here is fully covered so it's okay. I watched as my brother walked up to her and put his arm around her shoulder.