Chapter Eight: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents

"I want to feel free and not caged

"I want to feel free and not caged." -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.
CHAPTER EIGHT: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents

Zamzam Amin

"Zamzam," My father called after me. I was heading out of the house, on my way to school when he stopped me. You know I haven't talked to my dad a lot lately, mainly with all this dare business and him always being at work. I turned around and faced my father who was holding my math text book in his hands.

"Don't forget this sweetie." He handed it to me.

"Thanks baba," I engulfed him in a hug then rushed out of the door. I was already late as it is and it's all Isa's fault! He knows I have to wake up at 7AM in the morning to get ready for school yet he still hogs the bathroom as if I have all the time in the world. He's lucky he does home school so he doesn't have to worry about that. But then again he has to do home school in order for him to be able to box. He's lucky he's sure about what he wants to do and he's doing it. I don't even know what I want to have for lunch let alone what to do for the rest of my life.

As soon as I got into my car I drove off to school.

* * *

"You're so dumb!"I said with a laugh

"You're so dumb!"I said with a laugh. Amir is so stupid sometimes, but hey that's what I love about him. I also love that we're always normal around each other. We're not like those childhood bestfriends who end up liking each other. I always thought of him as a brother like Isa and Abdirahman.

"What? It's true! In my dream there were aliens and they were hitting me with pop tarts!" He protested with a smile of his own. We approached my locker and I got my stuff out while putting my backpack around my shoulder. Just as I turned around, surprisingly Adam was coming up to me with that stupid smirk of his. Amir caught where I was looking and turned to him as well. The smile that Amir had on his face had now dropped and was replaced with a scowl. For some reason Amir had always had a strong dislike for Adam, stronger than my dislike for him. Adam stopped walking once we were face to face with each other. What ever happened to keeping everything on the down low and not attract attention? I thought with a raised eyebrow.