Chapter Twenty Four: Ice cream, Bets And Oh No

"Thanks but I won't need it

"Thanks but I won't need it. As long I have that hijabi that your so obviously in love with then without a doubt I'll win." -Avon Becks, IASWAD.
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: Ice Cream, Bets And Oh No

Zamzam Amin

"I felt someone watching me earlier today." I told Isa. It was weird because it wasn't like they were just watching me but more like studying my every move. I know Veronica warned me that I was being watched but I didn't think they'd literally follow me everywhere. I know it was naïve for me to think that but I just wanted to test it. Now I know I have to be way more careful than I was before.

A small look of panic came across Isa's face but after a couple of seconds it quickly went away. "We'll just have to be more careful," He slung his arm over my shoulder. "Anyways what did Grams want us to get?" He looked through an isle in the grocery store. I was told to get some food but I obviously was not about to go alone so I asked Isa to come with me. I opened the text that Grams sent me earlier that had the list of vegetables, fruits and other ingredients we needed to get for the house.

"Tomatoes, onions, olives, grapes..." I read off of the list. A couple of minutes later we got everything we needed and payed for the stuff. "We should do something to just get our minds off of things." Isa suggested, starting up the engine to his car. "Like what?" I cocked an eyebrow his way in curiosity.

"I don't know...Why don't we go get Ice Cream at Billy's?" He said with an excited look on his face. Billy's is the number one Ice Cream Parlour we'd used to go to ever since we were little. That's how we'd cheer each other up, by ordering our favorite Ice Creams and talking about nonsense for hours. It was always our tradition and I hope it stays like that for a long time. We started that tradition when we were little kids and we still keep it alive.

"Sure!" I replied with a smile. Just the thought of Cookies 'N' Creme ice cream is enough to completely lift my mood. Opening the window, I let the nice cold breeze brush against my skin. It's almost spring time now so flowers are starting to blooming everywhere. I can't believe in just four months school will officially be over and I will be a senior. Wow time goes by fast!

Isa plugged the aux cord that was on the floor into his phone and immediately a Chris Brown song came on. "Choose whatever you want." He handed me his phone. The first song I chose was One Dance by Drake. By the time the song was over we were already at the Ice Cream parlor.

We opened the door and sat in our usual booth which was in the corner. "Welcome Zamzam and Isa." Our usual waitress, Betty said as she gave us both a smile. "Hey Betty how have you been?" I asked as I walked up to her and gave her a hug. Betty has been working at this Ice Cream Parlour ever since I could remember. Her father was the one that owned this place so it is really important to her and her family. She's always been like a mother figure for all of us Amin siblings, I mean she has seen us grow up and she's always been there for all of us. And that is one of the many reasons why this place, along with the people that work here, will always have a place in my heart. I guess you could say this place is a home away from home.