Chapter Thirty Two: You Make Me Crazier

Banner by: muslimah_07 (Love it!!❤️)

"Congratulations, you've done the impossible

"Congratulations, you've done the impossible... You've broken me." -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: You Make Me Crazier

Zamzam Amin

"Zamzam there you are!" Abdirahman exclaimed as he grabbed my arm and started pulling me God knows where. "What's going on?" I asked as I tried my best to catch up with him. "I don't know but Baba wants all of us to come outside. Everyone is already there." He responded.

Once we left the building we stepped into the parking lot where literally everyone was. "Isa is in the ER. I was talking with him on the phone when I heard tires screeching then I heard glass shattering. After a while someone picked up the phone and told me what happened. He's at Grey Sloan Memorial." Amir explained with a worried expression.

Automatically everyone started to get into their cars. I climbed in with Abdi, Ihsan, Aliyah and Samantha into Abdi's car and we immediately started driving to the hospital. Ya Allah please let him be okay, I prayed as a tear drop rolled down my cheek. If anything happens to him I don't know what I would do.

I remember at mom's Janazah we made a promise to each other that we'd always be there for each other no matter what. He's been keeping up his end of the promise but what have I been doing?

I sobbed as hard as I could after we prayed for Mama, everyone was starting to disperse but I still sat there in the corner balling my eyes out. Everyone was calling me telling me to get out but I refused to. I can't leave... I just can't. Grams walked up to me and placed an arm over my shoulder.

"Habibti we have to go, please get up." She pleaded as a tear rolled down her cheek. I shook my head and continued to cry as hard as I could. I was the last one with her before she passed away. Pretty soon Grams gave up on me, then Baba came in. He also tried to get me to leave but failed. Abdirahman also tried but he gave up after 20 minutes of trying to convince me. I know that I'm being selfish by not getting up but I just couldn't bring myself to leave these masjid doors.

I know that the moment I leave through those doors, life will never be the same again. I'll never see her face, hear her voice, or feel her hugs ever again. I don't know how the rest of my family has the strength to leave even though I know they're all feeling the same pain that I am feeling right now.

I just can't get myself to leave.

Finally Isa came in.

He sighed as he sat down beside me.