Chapter Ten: Unexpected Alliance

"I can see you have a lot of work to do with him

"I can see you have a lot of work to do with him." -Samantha Mitchel, IASWAD.
CHAPTER TEN: Unexpected Alliance

Zamzam Amin

Samantha and I waited outside of the building for Adam to show. Surprisingly he's taking a long time to get here even though it's not that far away. One could even walk to where it's at depending on where they live. Us New Yorkers usually walk a lot on foot whenever we can. "When is he coming!?" Samantha whined. Just then a black Mustang came into view and parked not too far away from the building.

The moment Adam got out of his car I swear it felt like scene from a movie. His hair blew with the wind as if it happened on purpose, he also had a boyish smile on his face that would melt any girls heart. Well any girls other than mine but I have to say he does look Mashallah. "Hey Scarfy and Scarfy's friend." He said as he walked up to us. And that ladies and gentlemen is why I'll never like Adam Mathews, jerk.

"Hi I'm Samantha but you could call me Sam. We met last time." Sam introduced herself with a smile. Adam smirked at her,"Hey I'm Adam but of course you know that. Who wouldn't know who I am?" The smile on her face dropped, that's right. You see Sam and I are very similar, we both don't like people who think too highly of themselves. "I can see you have a lot of work to do with him." She whispered in my ear.

"I know." I whispered then turned back to him.

"Let's go."

* * *

"Hello guys," Mrs. Mitchel smiled at the crowd. "Thank you so much for coming. This really means a lot, today we're going to change lives." She stood on  the podium in front everyone who was seated in the crowd. I was sandwiched in between Adam and Samantha in the audience. Apparently a big business man is sponsoring today's event that's why so many people are here. "I want to give a special thank you to Alec Mathews. Because of him this possibility became a reality." A man with a black suit and tie walked up to the podium, wait a minute he looks familiar. I've definitely seen those big brown eyes somewhere. I turned to Adam and saw that he had an unreadable expression on his face. Is that his dad? I mean his last name is Mathews and all.

"Thank you Mrs. Mitchel for the warm welcome." Mr. Mathews said as he walked up to the mic. For some reason there was something off about this man but I can't exactly pin point. I don't know, it's just a weird feeling that I can't shake. "I'm going to step out for a bit." Adam got up and left, slamming the doors behind him. Without knowing, I got up and chased after him.

Adam Mathews

I can't believe my father is here of all places. It just pisses me off seeing him act nice and caring when he's far from both. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. I bet this whole charity thing is just a ploy to make himself look good in front of his clients. Typical dad to fool others. He doesn't give a damn about those needy children. "Adam! Are you okay?" Zamzam yelled as she ran after me.

I hate when she sees me like this. Like last time at the park and now... I hate looking weak in front of people. Especially her, she'll see right through me. After composing myself I put on my best poker face. "Yeah, I'm fine." I answered nonchalantly, or at least tried to. "I don't think so." She said after analyzing my face.

"Was that guy your dad? The one who got engaged without telling you?" She asked curiously. He did way more than that, I thought to myself. He drove my mom away, he was never there when I needed him, he always kept secrets. How could I come from someone like him?

I nodded my head softly. "That's him. Look, can I get a minute alone? I swear I'll turn back into cocky Adam Mathews in a little bit." I chuckled at the end. "Okay but just so you know, I like this Adam way more." She then left me alone and headed back inside.

I stared up at the cloudless blue sky as I thought. Like I said before, my dad and I never had a good relationship. I was way closer with my mother but then one day she just...went away. Without so much as a goodbye, she just left and never came back. I remember that day like it was just yesterday.

I walked inside my house and noticed that moms car wasn't outside. She's always home when I come from school. "Mom?" I called out but there was no response. I marched up the stairs and into the room she shares with my dad but still saw no sign of her.

She was just gone... When I couldn't find her I went crazy and started crying. That's when Jennette found me and told me that mom went on a vacation and that she'd come back soon. Ha, what a lie. I knew she wouldn't come back, something in my gut told me that. I always wondered why she left. Why couldn't she take me with her? Why did she leave me with a guy like my father? It never made sense to me and it still doesn't.

I guess I'll never know...

* * *

After my father left I went back to the event and listened to what they had to say. There were some parts that were interesting and others that made me want to snore. Good thing I didn't because if I did I know that I would've gotten and earful from Scarfy. Once it was over I met up with Alex and we decided to get something to eat.

"So what's been going on with you?" He asked, taking a bite from his sandwich. Before I could even answer I was interrupted by Scarfy's brother who just happened to walk into the restaurant along with her friend Amir, I think that's his name. "Funny running into you here. Excuse me but I need to have a talk with your friend." The guy, who's name I'm guessing is Isa said.

"What the hell do you want?" I responded in a bored tone. "I need to talk to you. Let's go outside." He replied in a somewhat demanding tone.

"Fine, I'll be back."

* * *

"What!?" I snapped once we were outside and out of ear shot. "I need your help with something," He said in a desperate tone. He needs my help? "For what?" I asked curiously. Why would he ask me of all people for help?

"I need you to help me take down Avon Becks. I know you have history with him and you want to see him destroyed as well. So can you help me?"

Take down Avon Becks? The guy who tried to turn everybody against me...I knew he always hated me and wanted me gone. Why not put him in his place once and for all?

"What do you have in mind?"

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘