Chapter Five: Presents And Drunken Nights

"This world runs on money, power and good looks

"This world runs on money, power and good looks. That's just the way it is." -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.
CHAPTER FIVE: Presents And Drunken Nights

Zamzam Amin

"Abdi!" I exclaimed happily. I missed my brother so much. Ever since his wedding him and Ihsan went on their honeymoon and now he's back. He actually looks differently, his hair is now curly and loose which is way different then his old hair style. He looks so happy right now.

He wrapped his arms around me, twirling me around just like he used to do when I was little. "Hey sis, how are you?" He asked, letting me go."I've been good bro." I replied. It's true you know other than the whole dare situation. Besides that everything's been normal.

"That's good, I've got something for you. Quick question though. Where are Grams, Isa and dad?" He asked looking around the empty house. Yep I was home alone up until the point Abdi made a surprise appearance. If they knew he was here I'm positive everyone would've dropped their schedules and stayed home.

"Grams is at the bakery, Baba is at work and Isa is out practicing for his boxing tournament. Now what did you get me!?" I started jumping up and down. Abdirahman always gives the best presents! Last time he got me an IPad mini because I passed all of my classes with straight A's. He's seriously the best big brother ever. Although he's really overprotective. That's why I'll never tell him about the bet. He'd only freak out.

He laughed at me while reaching in a bag to grab something. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets once I noticed what it was. It was an art set with brushes, canvases, a sketchbook, color pencils just about everything I'd need.

"I know that this is how you deal with things and it's what you love to do

"I know that this is how you deal with things and it's what you love to do. Also Zam you're really good at it. So whenever you feel like crying, don't. Just pick up the brush, pencil, color pencil whatever you need and show your emotions through this. Since I'm not living here anymore I'm not always going to be able to wipe your tears away. I don't want to have to worry about your tears. So don't cry anymore. Mom wouldn't want you to." He handed me the set with the most serious look I've ever seen on him. I really didn't know what to say at this point so instead I gave him a hug. "Thanks bro, I will put this to good use."