Chapter Twenty Six: The Rescue

"You know what hurts the most? The fact that I haven't forgiven him and yet he still took a bullet for me

"You know what hurts the most? The fact that I haven't forgiven him and yet he still took a bullet for me." -Adam Mathews, IASWAD.
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: The Rescue

Zamzam Amin

I felt a little bit of hope at the thought of someone coming here to rescue me but then it quickly vanished when it turned out it was just another minion. Ya Allah please save me already, I prayed for the 100th time. Mahmoud sat back down on the ground and laid back on the wall in front of me. "I'm sorry. I wish this was not happening to you," He said apologetically. "You don't deserve it. Nobody should ever have to go through this. I'm so sorry about my part in everything as well."

Before I could say anything Alec came through the door and suddenly grabbed me by the arm. He was on the phone with someone and by the looks of it he looked angry. "I have her with me so if you don't want anything to happen to her then I suggest you come tomorrow night. Don't you think it's time you and your brother actually acknowledge each other?" He had a cynical look on his face. Oh god how I wish I could just slap it off.

"Here's proof." He held the phone against my ear.

"Zamzam?"

I never thought I'd be so grateful to hear Adam's voice than I am at this moment.

"I'm here." I said in a shaky voice.

"Zam, I know you're worried but don't be." Adam stated. "I won't let anything happen to you." He reassured me. "You're strong and we'll get you out of this together, okay?"

"Okay..." I replied as a tear made it's way down my cheek. Only Allah knows just how much I needed to hear that.

"There, now you believe me? I'll bring her with me tonight but if I see you and your friends doing anything I will not hesitate to get rid of her." Alec threatened in angry tone. He roughly shoved me back on to the seat and left.

Adam Mathews

"Are you sure it's going to work?" Mr. Amin asked worriedly. "We can't be one hundred percent sure but this is our best shot." One of the police officers replied hastily. But that answer didn't seem to satisfy him. "My daughter's life is on the line and so are my son and Adam's! I need to know that this plan will work." He exclaimed. "H-How could something like this happen to my baby girl? It's all my fault. I should've paid more attention to what was going on in her life I should've been there for her. She's already lost one parent..." He trailed as he ran a hand across his face in distress.