Chapter Seventeen: Gatherings And Discoveries

"You guys sound like two cats dying!" -Isa Amin, IASWAD

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Gatherings And Discoveries

Zamzam Amin

"Hey Amir," I picked up my phone and pressed it against my ear. I've been eagerly waiting for him to call me so I could hear the amazing news from him. "Hey so I'm guessing Aliyah already told you the news? I just got done talking to my dad about it right now and I really don't know what to do." He replied with a deep sigh. "You'll figure it out In Shaa Allah. Just ask Allah for guidance and make Istikhira. That's all the advice I have for you. You got this Amir." I responded truthfully. I hope that this is what both of them want and are happy with.

"You're right thanks. I felt confused about it at first but now I don't as much as I did before." We then talked for another 10 minutes or so about anything and everything."I got to go so I'll talk to you later." He said before he hung up the phone. After he hung up, I laid back on my bed and was about to fall asleep but I was interrupted by the sound of my phone vibrating. I looked at the screen of my IPhone 6s Plus and groaned once I noticed it was a text from Adam.

Mr Cocky: Hey thanks for not freaking out those couple of days that I slept over. I know I should've said it before but I'm saying it now so thanks.

Okay that was not what I was expecting at all.

Me: You're welcome?

Not even seconds later I got a reply from him.

Mr Cocky: Why the question mark?

Does he honestly not know why I put the question mark there?

Me: I put it there because you're usually rude and never thank people.

Mr Cocky: Oh really? You see I thought I was really nice person. I mean that's why all of the girls are after me right? Well that and my undeniable good looks of course.

I couldn't help but let out a giggle. This guy is way too cocky for his own good. I just hope by now I'm getting through to him even a little bit. This bet is way more to me than just a bet to me, I mean I don't care if I lose or anything. At least I'll be able to say that I gave it my best shot. And if he really doesn't want to change then what can I do other than try to guide him? I hope in the next couple of months he'll change for the better. After a couple of seconds I started typing back my reply.

Me: Don't forget your incredible modesty. Girls must really love that!

Mr Cocky: Hey I'm plenty modest. Anyways good job on the presentation today. We make a great team.