*Amir [2]*

"I felt the need to see her again even if she just left right now

"I felt the need to see her again even if she just left right now. I haven't felt that way about anyone in a really long time." -Amir Ali, IASWAD.

Amir Ali

"Amir!" Zahra called for me from the livingroom. "Come downstairs." I got off my bed while grabbing my phone and checking my notifications. I walked down the stairs and saw my dad and Zahra sitting there along with two other people. Once I noticed them I put my phone away and gave them a smile. The man and woman smiled kindly back at me.

Turning my head, that's when I noticed there was a girl sitting with them. This girl looked very familiar. It's like her name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember it. "Amir don't you remember who these people are?" Baba asked as I sat down next to him.

 "Amir don't you remember who these people are?" Baba asked as I sat down next to him

{Aliyah⬆️ p.s she doesn't wear a hijab}

That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. "Yeah I remember Aliyah." I gave her smile which she gladly returned. Aliyah, Zamzam and I used to hang out all the time when we were little. I always used to have the biggest crush on her. We were good friends but then one day she just left. It's weird seeing her and her parents sitting right here in front of me. "Asalamualaikum." I greeted all three of them. "So uh what's going on?" I asked, hoping I didn't come off as rude.

"Walaikumusalam Amir. I'm Abdulrizaq and this is my wife Mariyah. We were just in the neighborhood and we wanted to visit you guys." Uncle Abdulrizaq responded as he looked at me with kind eyes. I knew there was more to what they were saying. There's more to what everyone is telling me but they just won't spill it out. This isn't like my family, they're very straight forward people. Whatever anyone has on their minds they just say it.

What could they be hiding from me?

* * *

"Hey, so how have you been?" Aliyah asked, running a hand through her long brown hair. I smiled at her while grabbing something from the fridge. "Alhamdulilah I've been good. What about you? How was Cali?" I grabbed two bottles of water and handed one to her. She gratefully excepted it and fiddled with the cap. "I've been good too. California was awesome but I missed it here in New York. I missed home, you know?"

I understood exactly what she meant by that. I can't imagine not living here in Manhattan, it's where I was born and raised. It's where all of my friends and family are. "Yeah I totally get it. You know Zamzam and I missed you a lot when you left. You look so different now it took me a moment to recognize you." I admitted with a half smile. When she left she looked totally different, she wore glasses, her hair was short and she also had braces, I guess California has taken a toll on her.

"How is Zamzam?" She asked curiously. "I really missed talking to her and hanging out." She looked sad when she said that. "It feels like forever ago since we last talked."

"She's good," I replied. "You should visit her."

"I guess I'll see her on Monday when I start school."

"Wait, you're staying?" I looked at her with widened eyes. "Yeah I am. My dad got relocated to NY so I'm here for good. Why? You don't want me to stay?" She feigned hurt. "No it's not that! I'm just surprised. It's great you're back for good. I've missed you." I quickly added, hoping I didn't offend her in anyway.

"Me too." She looked at me with sincerity in her eyes. Why do I feel like this wasn't just a coincidence? Why do I feel like her coming back at this time was just supposed to happen? Allah really does work in mysterious ways.

"Aliyah honey let's go. We have to unpack." Aunty Mariyah called her back to the living room.

"Bye Amir." She hollered over her shoulder.

"Bye Liya." I called back.

Just then I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. I felt the need to see her again even if she just left right now. I haven't felt that way about anyone in a really long time.

* * *

"Hey lil bro." Zahra knocked on my door. "So what's up? Do you like Aliyah?" She gave me a look that I couldn't describe. It looked like a combination of happiness and sadness if that even made sense. "Why?" I looked back at my phone. I just got a text from Isa asking if I could go somewhere with him and Adam.

"No reason. It's just I always wanted you and Zamzam to be together, but if Aliyah makes you happy then that's good." She pouted like a little child. Me and Zamzam? I could never picture myself with Zamzam. She's like my sister and best friend wrapped in one. A sister that I can't touch or see without a hijab on but I'm fine with that. Plus she's a lot like me, I could never be with someone who's like me. I mean look at me, I'm a handful! I'd feel bad for my future wife.

Aliyah on the other hand she's completely different. When we were little I'd always imagine myself being with her. But now that I'm older and wiser I have to take things slow and get to know her all over again. Although it's been a long time since we last seen each other her personality seems to be the same. And her personality was the reason why I liked her so much back then.

"What're you and Baba planning?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing, see ya!" She left my room at that moment, confirming my suspicions. Yup they're definitely hiding something from me and I'm determined to figure out what it is.

* * *

"So what exactly is the plan?" I asked, getting in the back seat of Adam's car. Turns out he's not that big of a douche that I thought he was. Although there are times that I feel like punching him. I swear if he hurts Zamzam in anyway I will go off on his ass. "The plan is when we get there we'll split up and scope out his house for drugs or anything, something we could pin on him." Isa explained with a determined expression on his face.

"And then after that we go to the cops." Adam added, turning into a neighborhood. I could already hear the loudness of the music and people cheering from here. How the hell did this party not already get shut down?

"Let's do this."

NEW CHARACTER!!! YOU'LL GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ALIYAH AND AMIR LATER ON!:)