Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings

"It all started with a dare

"It all started with a dare. A stupid dare." -Isa Amin, IASWAD.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:Unexpected Meetings

Zamzam Amin

Ever since my encounter with the guy with the two different colored eyes, I've been way more cautious than before. It's so weird because one day you could be normal and carefree even, then the next you get weird text messages and strangers warning you to be careful who you trust like what the heck? Since when did things begin to get so complicated!? When did my life change from worrying about school and home work to being cautious about everyone? This isn't some sort of blockbuster movie!

I sighed as I laid down on my mattress and stared up at the ceiling of my room. My phone vibrated beside me so I picked it up.

Unknown: I have the answers to your questions. If you want to figure everything out then meet me at Central Park, alone. If someone else comes then the deal is over.

I shouldn't go, I know that already but I also want to clear everything. I hesitantly started replying. Kids, don't ever do what I'm about to do.

Me: What time?

I'm already starting to regret making this stupid decision. I know I'm being an idiot right now but I have to know. And plus I have Allah on my side which is all the protection I'll ever need.

Unknown: Now.

* * *

After parking my car I got out and headed to the place where they told me to meet them. Bismillah, I whispered under my breath. I know it was stupid for me to go but like I said earlier, I need to find out what is going on. I need to know who's sending these texts to me and what they want from me. As I continued to walk around I noticed that there weren't many people out today. Then again not many people would be at the park at 3:00pm on a weekday.

"Zamzam?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. Turning around, I noticed Adam standing behind me as he gave me a confused look. What is he doing here!? "What are you doing here?" He questioned as he observed me. "What are you doing here?" I threw his question back at him. For a second neither of us said anything and just stared each other down. Wait...was he the one who was texting me? No...it couldn't be him. He's not the type of person to mess with someone like that. At least I hope he wasn't the type of person.

"Okay," I let out a sigh. "Remember the weird text I got the other day?" He nodded his head slowly. "Well the person told me to meet up with them here if I want to end this." Surprisingly his expression was neutral. "So why are you here?"