Chapter 15- "And I thought gym class was rough"

UNEDITED

Dedicated to Keke980

I woke up and rubbed my eyes, and the sun light shined threw the windows of the cabin room.

I sat up, and looked around; to Liz and Leah weren't in here.

I picked up my phone to see 45 missed calls from my dad. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, as I convinced my brothers that I was staying at a friends house for the weekend and to tell dad.

I called my dad, and he answered "Rain Eliza! Where the hell have you been?!"

I took the phone away from my ear as he yelled, and it's only 8 in the morning.

"Calm" I said.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm! I am your father" He yelled.

"I told Ryan, Jax, and Joel that I was staying at a friends this weekend" I explained.

"What friend"? He asked with anger "Because Alex is here".

"Liz Doyle" I answered, at least I wasn't technically lying.

I mean I did stay with Liz....and a bunch of other people.

"Mrs. Doyle's daughter"? He asked.

"Yeah, Liz and I are friends. I ran into her on the boardwalk, and we went back to her 'apartment'." I lied.

"Alright" He sighed "But you're in massive trouble when you come home".

I hung up, and threw my phone on to the side. I stood up, and fixed my clothes I slept in, which was only spandex shorts and a t-shirt; which Leah claimed 'Is all she had left'.

I stood up, and ran a hand threw my hair. I walked to the door, then turning the knob and walking out to the hallway. 

My bare feet touched the cold hard-wood floor. I heard noise coming from the kitchen, and I walked to that direction.

I saw everyone in the kitchen, as they ran around and grabbed food.

I walked in, and Liz smiled "Hey, you're up".

I nodded slightly, and Leah smiled "We'd figure'd we'd let you sleep, since we walked in the woods all night and you seemed tired".

"Thanks....I guess" I trailed off, and took a seat at the bar-stool that was in front of the counter. Leah sat down next to me, and she was drinking a cup of coffee.

"Did you hear Liz snore"? She teased.

"I do not snore"! Liz scoffed and threw a small piece of a waffle at her.

"My waffle!" Reece said with sadness then frowning at Liz.

I chuckled and Leah asked "No, seriously. You sleep well"? 

I nodded "Yeah". 

"Good, because we have a race today" She informed.

I gave a confused look "Thought I was benched"?

"She is" Craig said, leaning up against another counter with a mug of coffee in his hand.

"Really, Craig? She's a good racer, and we have a lot of money on the line for this race" Vince narrowed his eyes at Craig.

"I said she's benched!" Craig said frustrated then muttering "Especially with how she talked to my yesterday" then taking a sip of his coffee.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he looked at me and sent me a look "What? Want to continue? Because every action has a consequence Rain. So if you want the consequence, say it. I dare you" Craig tested.