Chapter 51- "He's Dead. He's really dead."

Cover by: Anyssa0409

Chapter 51- "He's Dead. He's really dead."

Ryker pulled me down the back staircase that spiraled down to the sewer, but there was an exit door down, there. The stairs were narrow, and if you slipped there was no going back.

I heard gun shots up above and couldn't help but worry about the rest of the gang. Ryker then stopped dead in his track, making me stop as well.

I saw that there was a huge cut off between the steps, that I wouldn't be able to jump. "Shit." Ryker muttered under his breath.

"We can go back up, there's a window to climb out of." I stated, but then heard banging, making the whole staircase move in response. My eyes went wide and I looked at Ryker.

"Thompson!" Derrick's voice yelled, and I saw a shadow start approaching down the stairs. "We have to jump off." Ryker stated, and my eyes grew wider "Are you insane?!"

The spiral staircase was attached to the wall and went around and around, but the sewer was in the middle. "Yes. Now, jump Rain." Ryker rushed. "We could kill ourselves!" I exclaimed.

Ryker grabbed me by my face and said "I rather die with you then without you." I sighed, and Ryker quickly jumped off the edge and went down.

I flinched once he hit the water and didn't want to look. "Thompson!" Derrick yelled again, while he was all the way at the top.

Taking a deep breath, I walked to the edge and jumped off. It was a few seconds of free-falling, but I made contact with the water and went under.

The water was deep; up to my the top of my neck. I looked around for Ryker, and couldn't find him. "Ryker!" I screamed, walking against the moving current of water that had been formed.

Water was crashing up against the walls and moving fast, making everything a blur. "Ryker!" I screamed, and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind and pull me under water.

I caught one last breath before going under, and I closed my eyes. I heard a faint voice echo throughout the sewer, and I realized how close it was.

Waiting for it to pass by, I heard a door slam shut. I gasped for air when I got up and coughed up water that I inhaled. Ryker came up and pulled me over to the side of the sewer, where the water wasn't deep at all.

I was freezing cold, because the water wasn't necessarily warm. I ran my hands up and down arms as my teeth chattered. Ryker shrugged off his jacket and handed it to me. It was soaked but better than nothing.

"Thank you." I whispered, giving a forced smile. He just nodded before clenching his jaw "We should go down and take a left, there should be an exit."

~ ~ ~ ~
I ran, pushing the exit door open it was the first time I saw outside for what seemed like forever. Ryker across the field Since he came out another door, and I ran as I saw the rest of the gang.

I then saw something with a red flashing light in the middle of the field, and Ryker. "Rain!" Ryker shouted "Move!" Everything seemed to stop in slow motion, and I realized it was a bomb.

I plugged my ears at how loud it was and waited for it to pass by.

My eyes went wide and I started to move when Ryker sprinted across the field and pushed me over, making me fall. He fell on top of me, and the bomb went off.

Ryker blocked me from it protectively. I heard gun-shots and yells. When the bomb passed by, Ryker and I got up from the ground.

Zeke came storming out with a shot gun loaded, at his side. He aimed it towards me and I glanced back to see Hayes running towards Zeke.