Chapter 24- "Rain! I told you we're not together"!

Thank Howling_Demon for the awesome cover! ♡♡

And happy Birthday @milou_pl ♡♡

Chapter 24- "Rain"! I told you we're not together"!

"Load up!" Craig instructed and the guys were loading the trucks up. We were leaving the cathedral, since the guys got whatever they need to pawn it.

Chloe still doesn't believe me and is 'claiming he territory' every second she gets, by sexually kissing Ryker and whispering seductive things into his ear, and playing with the hem and collar of his shirt.

My eyes narrowed at them in the distance, and I wanted nothing more but for it to stop. We were in the field along the rail-road tracks and their was a breeze.

It got a lot warmer and I was just in black skinny jeans, black t-shirt, and a black beanie.

"Rain" Melanie said and I looked at her "Yes"?

"Do you like Ryker"? She asked innocently, and I sighed and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear "Yes, I do".

"Then why is he kissing Chloe"? She asked, and I said "Because he like's Chloe".

Melanie frowned "But Chloe's mean".

I nodded "I know, but hopefully it'll pass soon".

"Can you date Ryker"? She asked and I chuckled "If I could, I would".

She grinned ear-to-ear and her eyes lit up "You guys can get married! And you could be my sister then!"

I smiled slightly "I don't know about marriage..."

"Rain! Let's go!" Neil yelled and I walked over and set Melanie down on the ground, and Leah took her.

I got in the truck and sat in the middle between Ryker and Liz in the back-seat.

"Where's Chloe"? I asked curiously and raised an eyebrow.

"I told her she had to ride in the other truck" Ryker said causally and took out his phone.

"Why"? I asked, not that I was complaining or anything".

Ryker looked at me and leaned closer and whispered "So I could be with you", and my cheeks went red.

I whispered "Nice background" and mimicked Ryker from yesterday. He raised an eyebrow then turning his phone on and his lock-screen was a picture of me.

It was a selfie I took, where I had one eye closed and I was smiling, and had my tongue stuck out. I saw Ryker's lips tug into a smile.

"Yeah I know, one of my personal favorites. She's beautiful" He said and smirked at me. I pressed my lips in a thin line, as my stomach erupted in butterflies.

<^> Ryker Anderson <^>

Liz grinned like a mad-woman and I raised an eyebrow "What"?

"Oh nothing" She said in a sing-song voice and I rolled my eyes.

Rain fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. Will pulled up to the track, and parked.

We have a race tonight so we're taking a few test runs before it starts.

I sighed and said softly "Rain. Rain, wake up", and tapped her shoulder. She opened her eyes slowly and yawned.

I smiled at how cute she was when she yawned. "Come on" I said and got out of the truck. I picked Rain up and carried her.