t w e n t y - s i x

here is the New Years party and the second chapter posted today :) please zayn me some inline comments and lmk your thoughts ! happy New Year's Eve everyone!

E M M A

"Mm. You're right, this was fucking delicious." I say, finishing the last of my pizza. "This makes pizza back home look like shit." Harry chuckles, finishing his pizza. I got mushrooms and spinach on mine, Harry got a whole bunch of toppings.

"I know a good ice cream place nearby." Harry tells me, and I nod. I turn around and see the girl in the booth behind us with her phone out. The second I turn to look at her, she drops it. She's obviously taking pictures of Harry and I, and it makes me angry. I know we're out in public but it's frustrating that Harry can't ever get privacy. I ignore the girl, and turn around back to face Harry.

"Do you wanna go now?" I ask. Harry gives me a confused look, which causes his sunglasses to fall off his head and onto the bridge of his nose. I laugh lightly and Harry chuckles, pushing them back up.

"What's the rush?" He asks, and I bite my lip.

"They're taking pictures." I say quietly, and nudge my head backwards. Harry's emotion changes from happy to annoyed, and he presses his lips into a thin line.

"Yeah, let's go." He says monotoned. I can tell he's pissed now, and I regret bringing up the picture taking. I don't say anything, I simply get up and follow Harry out the door. He slows down and takes my hand in his, which makes me happy but I can still tell that's he's not very happy.

"Harry-"

"It's just annoying, you know? They spoil everything. I can't be with you in fucking public without them taking pictures of us." He mutters, holding onto my hand tighter. "And I love them, which makes it harder to be angry. But I just want some fucking privacy sometimes."

"I know." I say quietly. "I don't mind it though." I lie. I do mind it, because I feel bad.

"It's hard." He says, running his other hand through his hair. I look up at him to give him a sympathetic look, but he doesn't look at me. He ignores my glance, and I look back at the busy sidewalk in front of us.

"I'm sorry." Is all I can manage to say. Harry nods slowly, not knowing what to say. "I love you." I add with a smile, hoping to cheer him up. He doesn't reply, but he does kiss on the top of my head since he's tall enough, which I admit is a little odd. I go with it anyways, and we stay quiet until we reach the ice cream shop.

We walk up to look at the flavors, and I mentally decide on moose tracks. "Which would you like?" He asks me, speaking for the first time in a few minutes.

"Moose tracks."

He nods silently, and we walk up to order. Harry orders mint chocolate chip, and we both got it in cups. We take a seat at a table, and lucky for us, the shop is empty.

"I'm sorry for being an ass, it just pisses me off." He speaks up, and I feel so bad. I feel so bad that he's apologizing for reacting like a human being, and I feel so bad that he has to constantly be surrounded and photographed.

"You didn't do anything wrong. It pisses me off too." I tell him, and he smiles lightly. "I hate seeing you upset though." He takes a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth, and I do the same. "I'm excited for tonight." I say, attempting to change the topic.

"Yeah, me too." He agrees. "It'll be fun to let loose." Once he says let loose, I start laughing. "What?!" He asks self consciously.

"Let loose? Did you really just say that?" I ask in between giggles.