f o u r t y - f i v e

enjoy!

-

"Well, shit I suck at skiing." Harry chuckles and we walk into the lodge. He stumbles a bit on his ski boots walking in but then gets the hang of walking in them.

"You really don't, Harry." Gabe tells him, making Harry smile.

"Thanks, but I do." Harry smiles. "I feel bad, Em if you want to ski without me stumbling behind you should go on your own. I can figure out something to do."

"I don't mind skiing with you." I tell him, taking a seat next to him.

"I don't mind being alone for a day." He tells me, and I nod.

"I'll go get us some hot chocolate, then we can get back out there, alright?" Gabe asks and Harry and I both nod. As soon as he's gone, Harry speaks up.

"Don't you think he's being a little weird with you?" Harry asks, leaning over so he can see Gabe.

"How so?"

"He's being touchy and whenever he helps you it's always some physical adjustment. With me it's just verbal, and I'm clearly the worse skier out of us two."

"You're reading too much into this, Harry." I say with a small laugh, and Harry shakes his head.

"You don't see that?" Harry sighs. "You know he's also been kind of flirty. Does he not realize that we're together or something?"

"That's just his personality." I say, lying a bit. I have noticed the way he's been with me, but it's not like it matters. I'm in love with Harry and not with Gabe.

"Is it really? He doesn't seem all that flirty with me." Harry says, started to get annoyed.

"He's probably just flirty because we used to have this thing. It was years ago and we haven't really seen each other since."

"A thing?" Harry asks, raising his eyebrows and looking a little confused.

"Like a weird fling. Whenever we were in Aspen we just kinda had a thing."

"Was it serious?"

"What does that matter?" I say defensively, and he raises his eyes looking pretty pissed off. "I guess, yeah it was pretty serious."

"How serious?" He asks sternly.

"Why are you freaking out about this, Harry? I was in fucking high school. It was over five years ago."

"You said that's probably why he's flirty now, so I'm asking. How serious was it?"

"I lost my virginity to him. You happy?" I grumble, looking down at my nails. I'm annoyed with the way he's acting all jealous and frustrated. It's childish.

"You lost your fucking-"

"Three hot chocolates." Gabe smiles, placing three cups down on the table.

"Thanks, Gabe." I smile at him, looking over to see Harry glaring at me.

"They have no marshmallows. Think it's because of that one year?" Gabe chuckles, asking me and I smile.

"God, I literally thought we would be kicked off the mountain." I laugh, remembering the stupid memory.

"We were fucking idiots." He grins, and I look over to an unpleasant Harry. I sip on my hot chocolate, as does he, and try to ignore his crabbiness.

We drink some more of our hot chocolate in awkward silence until Gabe suggests we get back to skiing.

We ski for a while with little pointers from Gabe, until Harry decides to be a complete bitch.