t h i r t y - e i g h t

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT! sorry it took so long i had so much writers block!! ill try and update as soon as possible! leave comments because they actually do motivate me to write, it's the reason i wrote today. 

--

"Emma, wake up." I hear as I wake up. My face is shoved into the pillow, so I can't see anything. I can feel Harry on the edge of the bed from the way the bed shifts when he moves.

"What time is it?" I mumble into the pillow, still exhausted.

"One."

"What?" The service was earlier this morning, and he let me sleep through it. I immediately get up to ask him why he didn't wake me, but once I see him I'm speechless.

HE CUT HIS HAIR.

All of it. Well no, not all of it, but most of it.

He looks amazing. But I miss it, his old hair.

"Oh my god." I say, widening my eyes as I crawl over to him. "Your hair!"

"I know," he chuckles. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." I smile, getting up on my knees to run my hands through his hair. "Why'd you cut it?" I ask, still staring at his hair in shock.

"It was long enough to donate, and that was the plan all along." He says, and I nod.

"Okay, but why didn't you wake me up?" I ask, sitting back down on the bed. I barely recognize him without all his hair.

"You were sleeping, and it's not a particularly happy event so I just decided to go with my mum." He tells me, and I frown. "Are you mad?" He asks raising his voice and eyebrows, clearly thinking I wouldn't care.

"No, I just thought that was the whole point of this trip."

"I mean I would've liked to bring you to London to meet my family eventually, but this was a reason to go earlier." He says, and I nod, not saying anything. "Are you hungry?"

I nod and Harry chuckles. I still don't really understand why Harry wouldn't bring me to the funeral, but I just decide not to think about it. Instead, I think about how nervous I am to meet Anne.

I get up and go down the hall to the small bathroom to brush my teeth and put on a bit of concealer. Once I finish I walk back to Harry's room to find him messing with his hair.

"I really like your hair." I smile, walking over to get some clothes out of my suitcase.

"It's freaking me out." He chuckles. "It's so short."

"It looks good though." I tell him, picking out some jeans and a blouse. I also grab a bra and thong and slip those on while Harry washes his face.

"My mum made some brunch downstairs. You ready?" He asks, and I take in a deep breath. I'm so fucking scared to meet his mom. Harry is such an amazing guy, so the woman who raised him must be some sort of angel. Instead of freaking out to Harry, I simply nod my hand and follow him out the door. We start to walk downstairs, and I see the back of Anne.

Holy shit.

Once she hears footsteps and the small cracks the stairs make, she turns around with a wide smile. Harry makes it down before me, and his mom gives a little kiss on the cheek before walking over to greet me.

"Emma! It's so nice to finally meet you in person." She grins, taking me into a hug. She's referring to the many times we've briefly spoken over facetime. Harry chuckles watching us hug, and I give him a smile.