t h i r t y - o n e

ooooh the awaited chapter. is Ni okay??? or dead ;) who knows?

ILY all thanks for 20k+ its actually unbelievable. 

PLEASE READ and zayn feedback!: i'm working on some new stories, and once SUMMIT is over would you guys be interested in reading? lmk!

and without further ado, chapter thirty one!

--

E M M A

"What do I do? Do I call him?" I ask Claudia, freaking myself out.

"Em, chill. He's okay. I doubt you could even get ahold of him." She tells me, leaning against her bed. For the past ten minutes we've been reading articles about how Niall was hurt, and we've been bickering about whether or not he's dead.

"I mean I could try. I should try. What if he's there alone? God, I feel like I'm gonna puke." I groan, scrolling through an article.

"Sure, fine. You can try." She says, and I nod. I exit out of Safari and swipe through my contacts until I land on his name. I click it and press the call button, biting my nails eagerly as I lift the phone to my ear.

The phone rings, once, twice, three times, four times. No answer. A voice comes on the line, but it's only the automated voice, telling me to leave a message.

"Fuck. He's totally dead." I sigh, throwing my phone down.

"Em, that was what, only like two articles. The others say he's paralyzed, and that People one says he only fractured a few bones."

"Okay, I guess he's probably not dead. But I just need to know what happened." I say, running a hand through my hair.

"Jeez, Emma! Why are you so hung up on this? Like I get it, you're friends. But this is your ex-boyfriend's best friend. Your concern for him is a little much." Claudia says, raising a brow. "Are you into him or something?"

"God! Claudia! No. Not at all. Is it so crazy of me to care about a friend? We're close and if he was-is dead, I'd be fucking devastated. It's scary, okay?" I huff, pissed that she's being so inconsiderate. "I don't understand why you're being such a-"

The phone rings.

I stop talking and flip it over to see who's calling and it's Niall. "Oh my god." I breathe out, knowing that he's okay. I stand up from Claudia's bed and answer the call. "Niall, oh my god are you okay?"

"Yeah, uh this isn't Niall. I'm Wes, Niall's friend. I was near the hospital and I just- I needed to stop by." Wes says, and I frown.

"Is Niall okay?" I ask Wes, and he sighs.

"I-uh, I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you that. One sec." He says, and I sigh. I hear muffled voices and then Wes is back. "Yeah he's doing alright. Sorry, it's hard to tell who'll talk to the press and stuff. Had to check with Ni."

"So he's awake? Not in surgery or anything?" I ask, and Wes clears his throat.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Can I talk to him? Please?"

"Um, uh, yeah. I guess so." He says, and the line is silent for a while. "Emma?" I hear Niall say, and I smile, happy knowing he's okay. Or alive at least.

"Hey, are you alright? What happened?"

"Just an accident. I'm okay though, just kinda phazed I guess. I've got a broken leg, few ribs, and a dislocated shoulder. Sounds fun, huh?" He chuckles.

"I'm sorry, Niall." I sigh.

"It's alright, Emma. One second." He tells me. "See ya, Wes. Thanks for stoppin' by." He says to Wes.