t w e n t y - n i n e

I'm crying so much omgomgomgomgomg good luck reading

--

I walk into the familiar building with a huge smile on my face. I never thought I'd be back here, but now that I am, I'm happy.

"Emma! Hi! It's great to see you again." Julie greets me, as I walk through the glass doors into the office. "Kristal is right over there."

"Thanks. It's great to see you again too!" I lie, slapping a grin on my face. I walk in the direction she pointed out and enter Kristal's office. She's typing away on her computer, and barely notices me walk in.

Her head jerks up, and she smiles once she sees me. "Emma, hey! Sorry I'm super busy right now. You can take a seat if you'd like, I'll be one more minute."

I nod and sit down in the chair. I keep to myself for about a minute or two, until she finishes whatever work she's doing.

"Sorry about that." She smiles, scratching her head. "So, welcome back! It's wonderful to finally meet you."

"Yeah, I'm really glad to meet back. It's great to meet you."

She gives me another genuine smile, and then continues chatting. "So, you know the jist of this job. Copying, sending emails, running errands, all that good stuff. Lucky for you, no more customer service." She chuckles, and I laugh along with her. "You know, I've actually got a couple things for you to do today. I made a list, god knows where I put that." She says, laughing again. "Once you get to know me, you'll know I'm very unorganized. That's why I need you! To organize."

I smile again, not really knowing what to say. "Ah, here it is. Just a few minor things. Shouldn't take you to long."

"Thanks." I say, taking the list from her hand. "I'll uh, I'll get started on this."

"Yeah!" She nods, smiling. I'm glad to be working under Kristal, she seems much more enthusiastic than Julie was.

I get up to leave, reading the to-do list. It's a bunch of little tasks, and of course one of them is to get coffee's for her meeting at 12. I have a lunch break in two hours, but before that I'll call one of the floral delivery services, and make copies of some stupid agreement.

--

"Come on." I groan, pressing the OK button on the copy machine. Nothing happens, again, and I want to slam my head against the wall. They upgraded the copy machines and printers since the last time I was here, and I can't figure out how to use any of them.

"Need some help?"

I turn around to face a boy, a boy I've never met, leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face. Like he enjoys watching me struggle.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, I guess." I sigh, and the boy chuckles. He walks over to me, and I move aside so he can print them for me.

"How many copies?" He asks, and I rake my mind to remember.

"Uh, twenty."

He types in the number twenty, presses two buttons, and voila. They begin to print.

"Thanks." I say smiling to the boy. He nods his head, and I walk over to grab the pieces of paper.

"No problem. I'm Cameron, by the way." He smiles, going back to his leaning position.

"Emma." I say, shooting him a smile. His smile fades once I tell him my name, which is kind of weird. I grab the last piece of paper and stuff it in the orange envelope, and then seal it shut. "Nice meeting you."