f i f t y - n i n e

sunday, july 1st 2018
minneapolis

I walk in first to the restaurant with Harry leading behind me since I made the reservation. I insisted on making our dinner reservations since I wanted to surprise Harry with Niall, but Harry doesn't know that and thinks I'm just being picky with my food.

I check in with the hostess and she greets the both of us kindly, then leads us to our private table thats blocked off with curtains.

"This is Italian, right?" Harry asks as the hostess pulls open the curtains. I nod and respond with a "mhm", and walk inside the small room with Harry following behind. I'm the first to see Niall smiling, but it's only a second later until Harry sees him too.

"No fucking way!" Harry grins, running up to Niall. Niall chuckles and gets up from his seat, having barely any time to do so because Harry pulls him into a hug. "Horan!"

"Missed you too, Haz." Niall smiles, hugging him back.

"What are you doing here? Are you coming to the show?"

"Of course I am!" Niall grins. "I set this up with Emma."

Harry turns to look at me and smiles, I smile back. We all sit down at our small little four person table, and soon a waiter comes in to pour water.

"I think Seeing Blind is my favorite." I tell Niall and he grins.

"Flickers mine." Harry adds. Obviously their type of music is pretty different and I know Harry probably wouldn't listen to those songs if they weren't by Niall, but since they are, he loves them and supports them which I think is pretty great.

"Me too, it's always been my favorite one." Niall says. "Didn't you like, feel all weird when you had you're whole album out all by yourself? Like, it was cool and all and obviously I celebrated with people buts it not the same feeling."

"Exactly, the best days we're the ones we released albums on." Harry grins. "So fucking fun and we were so happy." Niall nods in agreement and they both smile contently, recalling memories of their One Direction days.

We switch our conversation from music to more general topics, talking about family, friends, tour, all that good stuff. Niall's been having a great time and he's also doing all his golfing stuff which is great because he seems so happy.

I look at Harry as he talks to Niall with a smile, and I'm glad that the little fear he had about his performance a few days isn't really there anymore. I know he'll feel good with Niall here.

We finish up dinner relatively fast since Harry needs to get to the stadium early. Niall and I decide to go with him while he gets ready there and hangout backstage.

We head out from dinner without desert, deciding we'll get some after the show, and get in a car to the stadium.

"What're you gonna wear tonight?" I ask Harry, twisting the button on his shirt with my thumb and index finger.

"Oh, it's a good one." He grins at me, knowing I love all his different outfits. "It's like a champagne color, shiny and all. You'll love it."

"I'm having third wheel flashbacks to when we all went golfing." Niall chuckles, and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"Oh my god, totally forgot about that." Harry laughs.

"Harry!" I give him a light slap on the chest. "How could you forget that, that's when you asked me to be your girlfriend!"

"No, no-" Harry smiles and turns red. "Of course I remember that."

Little shit.

"Mhm, sure." I tease, but I don't actually care that much.

"Promise." He says quietly, leaning in to press a kiss to my cheek. "So glad I did that."

"He's always been such a great performer." Niall says, watching Harry on stage.

"He's so good." I say, staring at him while he sings Just a Little Bit of Your Heart. It's one of my favorite songs that he performs on tour. "Was he ever like, kind of hard on himself though?"

"Occasionally. It was super weird cause it kind of came out of nowhere? He would just doubt himself but of course we were always reassuring him. So he got over it pretty quick." Niall says, and I nod. "Is he getting like that?"

"A little bit. But I think he's okay."

"I'm sure he is. Just a bit hard on himself."

We chat in between songs for the rest of the show, and when he's singing his last song I head to his dressing room to get some of his shit together. Since we wanna go for desert I figure helping him clean up all his things will make everything go faster.

He left all his clothes all over the place, typical. I pick up his shirt and instantly get a whiff of him, and it makes me smile. Harry smells so good.

I hear the song end, so I start going faster so I can go see Harry.

"Where's Emma?" I hear a woman's voice from outside the dressing room. I walk over to the door and open it, peeking my head out to see who it was.

"Emma, you should get over to the stairs." It's one of the staff from the stadium who's name I never learned, but she seems pretty concerned. I nod slowly and hurry over to the stairs not really sure what to expect.

And when I see Harry, it's definetly nothing I could've possibly expected.

😬😬
thanks for reading!!
if you enjoyed please vote and comment!
xoxo