chapter 19

HYERA'S POV

"Of course not you punk!" He said and flicked my forehead.

"Argh.."

___

___

The wind made me feel so relaxed.I turned to my right and saw Taehyung was lying down, staring at the sky,the starry sky with a half moon illuminating the night world.

I was feeling sleepy and just lied down beside him, not too close since I don't really trust him.If he could rip my skirt away, don't you think his hands could've just make me naked.My decision to sleep further from him was the best decision I could possibly think of.Without my own notice, I already fell asleep.

*MORNING*

When I woke up,I saw Taehyung was still sleeping beside me.I stood up and walked towards the sea,washing my face.

After I was done,I went back to Taehyung and stared at his face.He seemed uncomfortable sleeping under the bright ray of light.

I put my hands in the air above his face to prevent the light from glowing directly. I did that for about 5 minutes and my hands were slowly giving up.

"Thank you.." He mumbled suddenly in his sleepy voice which made me startled.

Was he awake all this time?

He flunged his eyes open,smiling cutely at me and I rapidly put my hands down.

"Argh!!" He whined, shutting his eyes from the striking brightness.

"You deserve it!!" I said and in a flash,I sat next to him.

He then went to the seaside and washed his face.After that, he made his way to the big rock by the seaside,siting on it.I admired him for awhile,he kept looking towards the sea,with his hands clutching the end of his white shirt,the wind pushing his hair back and forth,making him look extra charming.

I was starting to feel bored siting alone,feeling unaccompanied.I walked towards him and sat on the rock right next to him, staring at the captivating scene of the environment.

Few minutes passed by and the silent Taehyung created an awkward moment between us but, it didn't last forever until he had finally spoken up.

"Do you still love..him?" He asked,turning his head to face me.

Again? When will he stop talking about him?

"No."

"Oh,"  He responded shortly.

"I hope someone will come and save us.." I changed the topic and looked at the ground.All I could think of was we're absolutely gonna die.I wanted to escape from this island and live my life.

"Of course we'll be saved. They will come," He said and flashed me a very calming smile,the one I have never seen before which I happily replied back.

_____

_____

"Yahh!!You better stop running!!"

Still on the same rock, waiting for any helpers to come,I suddenly heard Taehyung shouted,grabbing my attention.Panicked,I ran towards him only to see him struggling to catch a crab.

Haish,when will he act more of his age?

I rolled my eyes and shooked my head.I was about to go back and continue wait for help but then I heard a sound of splash.I turned around and saw Taehyung was in the water.

Oh shit!! What should I do? I can't swim.I panicked and the only thing I was thinking was to save Taehyung.

Without thinking twice,I jumped into the sea,struggling my legs to bring myself upward but I couldn't.I tried to stretch my feet but still, my legs couldn't touch the bottom.

Taehyung's pov

I was chasing the crab but then the crab jumped into the sea.So,I followed and jumped into it too.As I swam,I saw Hyera and an evil idea came to my mind.

I faked myself drowning and right after that,I saw Hyera was panicking and she jumped into the sea, trying to save me.I was waiting for her to save me but I saw no sign of her.

Haish!! I might die if I'm drowning for real.

I lifted my head up.To my surprise,I saw Hyera was struggling to swim. "Hyera!!"I quickly swam towards her, grabbing both sides of her waist and brought her to shore.

"Hyera!! Wake up" I shouted and pressed her chest several times but there was no response.

I closed her nose,leaning in before pressing my lips against hers and did a CPR.

*COUGH,COUGH*

"Hyera, are you okay?" I asked her and she opened her eyes weakly before slowly nodding her head.

"Yahh!!You should've not come to save me if you knew you couldn't swim." I hollered before bringing her body into a hug.After a few seconds,I released her,letting her head rest on my shoulder.

"You..." she slowly muttered ,head still on my shoulder as I turned my head,looking at her."..stupid." She continued and weakly smacked my head which made me chuckle.

*
*
*

After a few hours..

"Hyera ah,I.. have something to tell you.." I began to confess something. I have thought the longer i kept , the faster my heart beats.Sometimes i felt like keeping it inside me for a second longer makes me feel much more suffocated.

"Actually,I..I..lo....."

"Boat!! Look there's a boat!!" She shouted, disrupting me as she ran to where the boat was,waving both her hands vigorously to capture their attention.

"...love you.." I continued my words and just looked at the happy Hyera who was  jumping joyfully.

It was weird. I should have felt the relief and joy as she did for finally getting rescued. But instead , i felt a slight dissapointment.

"Hyera,I love you.." finally, I managed to let this words out eventhough, she wasn't here to hear it. "..and I hope I could just stay here with you.Only...the two of us." I sighed and walked,tailing her from behind.

*
*
*

"Taehyung ah..what was it you wanted to tell me just now?" Hyera asked.Both of us were on the boat with 4 men who came to our rescue.

"Nothing.." I coldly said, no longer having the courage to confess.

I touched my chest feeling my heart beating 2 times faster.Before I married her,I told her that im going to make her suffer living with me but now I realized I have lost my own game.I didn't want to lose her.I wished for her to always stay near me and by my side.

My heart ached a lot when I  recalled how Jongsuk have touched her.I have never dared to take her virginity away while that bastard almost took it.

But , I didn't have to worry anymore because he was already in jail.I called the police and they already caught him, the same night he tried to rape Hyera.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●