Ch. 16 The Battle Begins!

***Jeff POV***

There was a warm breeze that came through the opened door, the grass a dark nice green, the sky.... looked at if there would be a tornado any second now. And just about 20 ft. from them were Zalgo and Jane in the lead of this big group of people. The rest of us began to pile out of the house, I holding my enjured shoulder while so. They kept walking their way to us and we did the same till we were about 5 ft. apart.
We all got into a fighting stance, glaring at one another. Jane was the first to talk.

"Haha...hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAA!!!" She laughed crazily. "I've been waiting my whole life once I became like this to kill you! And looky here!!" She said spreading out her arms to show everyone behind her.

"Now Jane, that's enough. I'm the one suppose the talk." Zalgo said. Jane nodded but only just stepped forward where she was right in front of me.

"Don't go to sleep." She giggled and raised her blade. My eyes widen at how fast she moved, I wasn't able to pull my knife out or block her sudden attack. The knife went through my chest, barely missing my heart. I gasp as she pulls it out and watch as blood starts to seep through my hoodie. Jane giggles more and hops back to Zalgos side.

"Now Jane why did you do that right after I said to wait?" Zalgo bent down while resting a hand on Jane's shoulder. Jane didn't answer, instead Zalgo sighed and quickly turned his hand into a sharp weapon and stabbed Jane in the stomach, leaving a big gash in her, making everyone step back a step. Jane let out a scream and fell to the ground.

"Z-zalgo!" She breathed. Zalgo smiled at her as she slowly died. I watched surprised that Zalgo just killed her.

"This would be a good time to take Yukine and run." Slenderman whispered into my ear. I didn't turn to him, instead, I kept glaring at the group ready to fight.
"Go, now" He said staticly.

"No. Let someone else do it! I'm here to win this fight!" I said back. Slenderman was about to argue back till I saw Helen and told him to take Yukine and run away. He agreed and took a confused Yukine with him and quickly left.

"Zalgo! What's this all about?" Slenderman stepped up. The breeze slowly began to stop, but off in the distance you could see that a bad storm was coming. Zalgo kicked Jane's dead corps away and went to Slenderman.

"War. What else?" The rest of us were silent. "And.. well, to get that beautiful daughter of yours to marry me." Zalgo circled Slenderman eyeing him. He then stopped and whispered in his ear.
"Use her till she's drained.."
That's when he lost it.

"Your not doing anything with my daughter!!" Slenderman boomed and began to fight Zalgo. Everyone ran and started to fight one another. Claps of thunder could be heard in the distance. I braced myself for the worst and began to fight. I sliced one of Zalgos servants and sliced more.

***Yukine's POV***

I was suddenly being dragged off by a guy with black hair and a white mask with a bloody smile on it. We went deep into the woods till we reached a point where we found a lake. We stopped and he told me to climb this tree he pointed to.

"We'll rest hear for now. When I say, we keep running." He tells me once we are both in the tree.

"Why are we running, and who are you?" I asked, really confused of what's going on right now.

"Zalgo, he wants you. Mostly for your power and to kill you. I'm Bloody Painter, but if you want you can call me Helen." He told me. I then thought of what he said.

"Kill me? Oh, well you probably weren't there when I said this, but I cant die. Jeff already found that out once he killed me by cutting my thoat. Minutes later I returned to him with no marks." I explained to him.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"And the power thing? I think Zalgo has the wrong idea. I have no power, more like a curse.." I said. Helen tilted his head wanting to know more. So I did, until I couldn't and it got to the personal stuff..

*****

Hours past. We were now in a new spot. I learned a lot from Helen. I learned that we both like drawing! I also noticed my hair was growing out and getting a little but past my shoulders. Some time I will need to get it cut. I then felt a drop on my nose.

"It's starting to rain..." I whisper to myself. Helen stops making me bump into him.

"S-sorry!" I apologize. He just nods. We both go over and sit under a tree. We both sit on opposite sides. It was silent, and I didn't like it. It was always so awkward.

"Do you think their still fighting out there?" I asked.

"Anything could happen for all I know.." Helen says quietly. I nod, not knowing what else to say. A strong wind then comes, making rain soak me. A cold chill went through me and I began to cough. I pulled my red jacket over me more trying to get warm.

"Are you cold?" Helen asked. I simply nodded, forgetting he's on the other side of the tree and can't see me.

"Just a bit." I answered. I then heard some leaves move and crack, and when I looked up I saw Helen come sitting down beside me and pulling me to him.

"Sorry, but I want to try and get warm." Helen shyly said. I smiled and looked up into the sky to see Lighting.

******************_______________to be continued in next chapter _________________________*****************************