Chapter 3

After the time machine stopped wiggling, and the Doctor's laughs of craziness faded away, she took a deep breath looking around herself.

"Where are we?" Rose asked, her eyes falling back on him.

The Timelord didn't reply. He just smiled at her pointing with his hand towards the TARDIS'door. Even though he felt like telling her the whole history of the place they've landed on, he kept quiet, her insecure and simply confused way of feeling giving him second thoughts.

Rose slightly smiled turning away and approaching the door. She still took a look behind, and when she saw his expression didn't change, she pulled it open.

"You wanted a vacation" the Doctor's voice echoed "I told you you'll get one. There is my surprise for you. The 67th Century, planet Triton, galaxy Arandelia, where humans and aliens live in peace. No sign of wars or problems between them. Wll, at least for now. 34th Century, the human race finds a new way of jumping their ships through galaxies, they find this planet, some of them stay, some of them go back home. Isn't that brilliant?"

She looked in awe at the marvelous view in front of her eyes; the bright blue sky and steamy clouds of pink; the hundreds and hundreds of flying cars above their heads; the mixed up colors upon the trees, and all the people, living a free life on their own.

The picture looked fantastic. And the fact that those aliens were friendly upon these human beings made her day even happier, her smile becoming wider and wider. But then it faded away again.

"Wh-What's wrong?" he pointed out.

"This, this is amazing, Doctor. It really is. The way they are all getting along, a new and fresh start. And I appreciate the fact that you still remembered."

"But?"

"Well" she turned to face him as he approached "I can't do this. Shereen is right in here, fighting for her life. I can't just leave her alone like that. It would be wrong."

"And that's why" the Doctor searched into his pockets, then took out a silver bracelet and placed it on her hand "I have got this for you."

"What is it?"

"A vital sign detector. Shereen wears one too. After you got to your room yesterday I started working on it. This thing over here send you a message when the sleeping beauty wakes up."

"You mean you stayed all night, working on this thing. Only for me?"

"Well..umm, I do need a vacation as well, you know? And I thought I should give it a try. I also had the plans for it for a while now, and it was also the right time to do -"

"Doctor." she cut him off. When he finally stopped babbling, she reached for his cheek and pressed a warm kiss "Thank you."

"Anytime." he smiled blushing.

He loved Rose. Of course he did. The only reason he kept fighting through all those things they've been through. Even if she made him weaker, she still changed him into a somehow better. Because, after the War, after committing the Genocide, he was so much darker, and so much lonelier. And he loved it, being on his own every day, finding new things and aliens to wipe them off their planets. He loved being angry with himself, and the people around him. After he regenerated into his 9th form, he only chased after the death. Trying to kill as much aliens as he could, reverse his anger, wipe his tears off. It wasn't really planned to land on Earth, he only followed a signal. The consciousness of the living plastic.

And then, it happened. The blonde girl with brown eyes, being enough smart to 'track'him down, learn about him, see his ship, his true face, and then finally, start travelling with him.