Chapter 15

What now?, Rose asked herself, watching her blonde mother prepare the tea. The question had to come. It was inevitable. The Doctor and Rose Tyler. There were moments when she thought that's how it was supposed to be, the two names, together.

But now, not anymore. It was clearly visible that Shereen Black was the one who should stay besides him. And she was happy for her, although ten months was quiet some time. Things have changed since then, and she could see it into his eyes. He looked different, his existence felt different. He touched her differently and was distant, somehow. Rose knew him enough to realize that she has been replaced.

"Sweetheart?" Jackie approached, placing on the table the cups of hot tea. She then sat on the couch, the silence almost confusing her. "Rose, are you alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I am alright." the girl wiped some hair from her face. "The Doctor...had to resolve some things."

"Well, he might better hurry up. I want that Christmas tree in my house, and I am not going alone anymore. Do you know how hard it is to carry one?"

"I can imagine. Mum, you need a man in house."

"Oh, don't be daft. I got old, there is no time for it anymore, and someone else like Pete doesn't exist."

"Well..there's always the parallel one." Rose almost whispered.

"What did you say?"

"What? Me? Nothing. Just. The tea is good. I really felt like needing one those days."

"Well, I can feel something's changed about you. What happened to your hair, by the way? You never liked having it so long."

The pink and yellow girl slowly stood, grabbing her cup of tea from the table. She ambled towards the nearest window and took a look outside.

"I kind of forgot about it." she lied. "We've been through a lot of things, and I had to concentrate on them."

"Yeah, like what?"

"Like-...Shereen."

"Shereen? Isn't that your highschool friend? What about her?"

"Doesn't matter." Rose turned around trying to smile. "I think I'll go get some fresh air, if you don't mind. Living inside the TARDIS kinda blocked me. Don't worry. It won't take long."

The Doctor ran a hand through his hair confused. He felt so thick, like a malware entered his brain and deleted documents. And the fact that the TARDIS wouldn't tell him where she's gone, drove him even madder. He was angry. He told her not to go outside, and she still did. Why isn't she listening to him? Why is she always running? Trying to do things herself?

Because she's not a dog to follow your orders, a little voice echoed inside his superior brain. Shut up,conciousness! he argued with himself.

"Can't you follow her? Can't you track her phone?" Shereen popped up the question. She sat on the jump seat, arms crossed, trying to find a solution.

"The Tardis stands against it. She keeps pushing me out."

"But I thought this was YOUR ship. Shouldn't it do what you're saying?"

"This ship is more than just that. She has her own thinking, she makes her own choices. Even now, she could throw you outside and send me inside the vortex." his right arm raised towards the ceiling. "Because she is smart. And she won't tell me anything about Rose; I can't understand it why."