Chapter 24

The only thing that terrified, was the loneliness inside the soul. Feeling so empty, so forgotten, so frozen. The eyes could see not only pain, but rage and anger within the darkness upon these people. Their screaming voice and blood on hands, their tears and songs of hope. They weren't human. They weren't known. They were hidden inside the whole of creation, galaxy and universe. They needed so much help, a mind that could drive them on the right timeline and avoid the tangled streets of nothingness. The despair inside the descendants' looks prepared not only heart, but mind, to help. To fight and win the war. Because, if it was the only thing that could be done, was to wipe away, and move forward.

"Help us! Doctor, please help us!" he could see the fear to live inside that woman's eyes ,which held her boy at her chest. She tried to reach to him, avoiding the harsh smell of gas and dust above their heads. She tried to stand, to move, to get saved. "Please.. At least, take my son. He's got no fault. Please, Doctor! Don't leave!"

"I'm sorry." the Doctor tried to keep a straight face, the drops of blood falling down his neck. "Fixed point in time."

He entered the blue box and dematerialized before the bomb fell, killing more than three thousand people that day. He really couldn't do that. It was a fixed point in time, and she knew it, that woman, knew it so well.
The Doctor stared at his reflexion in the screen, and reached to the blood wiping it off. Blood. Thick, red blood. He slowly wandered around the console and pressed the control panel a few times, his mind tracking down all thoughts. He removed the brown coat and roughly sat on the jump seat, arms crossed at his chest. He gazed upon nothing, just stared through thin air; the world should have listened to him when he said it. The straight line of events could've been changed, and he was about to save them. At least, that's what he thought, or rather hoped. He hoped that, at least once, at least this once, the time rules would obey.

But it still happened.

The Doctor rested his head on his hands, rubbing his face a few times in frustration, then stood up. He needed a shower, a very very cold one. To make the dirt and ash vanish, and him, to rest his brain and tired body.
As he stepped under the shower's freezing drops of water, he shivered. He tried to keep his skin and temperature under control, although he felt like not being able to take it anymore.
The Doctor flung his fist against the wall, and the TARDIS murmured at his reaction.

"Sorry." he said, his cold voice echoing around the bathroom.

He exited his quarters after drying his hair and pulling on some clothes, his brown pinstriped suit and white trainers, and entered the kitchen, where he prepared himself a cup of tea with a slash of cream.

Just like Rose liked it. he thought after sitting down, the sweet and hot scent playing with his senses. He took a sip closing his eyes. Blimey, it was hot. Talking of hot, maybe it would be a nice idea to visit Screto. Beautiful planet, brilliant in fact. It was very well known for its beaches and warm sand, the pink-ish oceans and humanoids. Yeah. Maybe one trip.

But again, that could ruin them. Just like Mickey said, and he was quiet right, he was a curse and brought curse to all of those he knew. He was the blame, he was the hate. He was the one to bring destruction, end to those who had no fault.
His mind flew to the ones he lost in battle. The one who sacrificed themselves for him, who gave up life to make him stay. The mighty Timelord, the last of his kind.

The Doctor stood up his chair slowly, placing his cup of tea on the table. He stepped outside the kitchen, and with a heavy rock on his heart, ambled the empty hallways. He could hear his own footsteps as he walked, and those really loud. With each step he grew darker and darker, seeing sorts of doors he always tried to avoid. Rooms that broke his hearts, and they should've been hidden. Why was the TARDIS showing them to him? Why now?
He walked pass them all, and as he reached his bedroom door, he opened and stepped inside. Only, it wasn't what he was expecting.

"What?" he exited again. That pretty much looked like his door.

However, he launched himself on 'the road' again. Maybe it was only a mistake. The Doctor started walking again, and as he saw a door similar to the last one, he entered. But then again, it was the room from before.

"What?" he asked. "Why are you doing this? Why are you leading me in here?"

The Tardis hummed as in reply, and he shook his head.

"Give me my bedroom back."
"I am telling you, don't make me angry."
"Why do you keep pushing?!"

The blue box shoved him inside the dark room and locked the door behind him. It was obvious to him that she was angry. But he was the Timelord. And she was supposed to listen to him. She's acting so weird, why was she doing this?

The Doctor ambled around the room. It wasn't very dark, he could still see where he was going. All over the floor were scattered books, notes, photos and papers.

Where was he?

"Hello, Doctor." a voice behind him dragged his attention. He quickly turned around, and shocked, stood frozen.

The Timelord widened his eyes, gasping. He blinked a few times before realizing, and both his hearts sunk with pain.

"Rose?" he reached to her quickly, but as he tried to touch her, his fingers got through her. It was only..a hologram.

"If you're here, it means you wandered around the Tardis. This here, is where I spent most of the time while you were working on the console. And this" she pointed towards the floor "Is my work. My research."

The Doctor grabbed some of the notes and took a look at them. His breath stopped.

"Remember, Doctor? That bench? We were surrounded by cold and sound of splashing waves. I leaned my head on your shoulder, and listened to them. That was the day I felt free to talk to you..about my nightmares. Remember? I told you about the Daleks, the void and wall. I explained how it felt so real. So cold. The blurry images and breaking sound, the dark background. All of it. I grew more and more anxious about the nightmares I had, and mostly..because they were involving you. My Doctor. To be fair, I didn't believe it at first myself. I thought that maybe..it was only a coincidence. But we all know maybe has never been maybe for us. I started seeing things, dreaming about a choice. A light, an empty soul. And they never ended. Having them all night, all the time I fell asleep. I didn't want to concern you. I thought, I could do it without any help. The signs showed me the fact, that my dreams had yet to become reality. The Bad Wolf is returning, Doctor. That's why, I had to make a choice myself."

"What?!" he seemed broken and frustrated.

"Don't worry about me. I already brought my ticket. And while you listen to this, I will be long gone. Don't come after me. I want you safe. I will live my life day after day like a normal human, and so will you, as a Timelord besides the one you've fallen for. Take care of Shereen, Doctor. She is a good woman. You deserve her. This is the day my journey ends, and I regret nothing. I am so glad I met you, really really glad. You changed my life, and I will never forget you for it. Before I go, please do something for me. Have a fantastic life, Doctor. You'll be good. Good bye, I'll miss you."

A/N: I know most of you don't read those things, but oh well, I'm still writing. I just wanted to thank all those who read my story. Even if sometimes, I feel you deserve much more and that I should work much more on them, you still read, vote and comment. I can't possibly re-pay you, can I? If there's a way tell me. Because i would do it.

Someone told me she was going to stop reading this book because of Shereen. Well, that really shocked me to be fair. That's why, I am going to give you a little SPOILER.

SPOILER-

Nah, I'm not. I really want to see your reaction xD xD Bye!