Chapter 21

Where am I?
It's so dark, I cannot see a thing.
It's freezing, why can't I move my fingers?
Something..is beating inside my chest. It's not my heart. My heart is dead.
Where am I?
My legs won't move. I feel under custody.
Wait. I can spot something under my back. It's moving. No. I am being moved..?
Can someone..help me? Something is biting my every piece of memory. They feel so blurry, still, I can read.
Who is that?
Is that..a memory? A man.
A man.

It was all over for the Doctor, and only when he thought he could get some peace. His intentions were to never return to that stinking planet ever again. He hated it so much. The beauty in it, the smell of chips. Everything. He couldn't get back, no. His soul would get trapped between two walls once again, and he hated that gap with all his might.

But he couldn't let it burn, could he? Too risky. A planet like that could cause a great war between species, and the explosion could cause a crack in time and space.
But who was he to care? People never cared about Gallifrey either, and to be fair, nothing on Earth was that important. Not anymore.

'That would be another attempt of genocide.' he whispered, as he took a look around the TARDIS. 'That could wipe them, and this is all my fault. My fault for trusting, my fault for falling into dust.'

"I could do so much more!!" he exclaimed hitting the console with his foot.
The Doctor fell on the jump seat, groaning in pain. "What the hell do I do?!"

At the question, the TARDIS locked herself and started dematerializing.

"What are you doing?!" the Doctor tried to stop her, pressing buttons on the panel. "Stop it! Right now! You know I don't have time for this!"

The blue box flung the man over the floor and kept him there for more couple of seconds. After she materialized, she let him go and he stood back on his feet. He tried to fly her again, but it was simply not working .

"Where did you take me?" he sounded angry.

The TARDIS opened the doors and let the Doctor take a peek outside.
London, the 21st Century. Rose's time.
The machine once more flung him outside with the Anti-Virus, and locked herself, leaving him straight face.

No, she didn't.

"Why? Why did you take me back, you!!"

There was no option left. And even if his mind preceded not to think about the places he was passing through..he couldn't. Because everything reminded of the past, the joy, the pain, her.
The TARDIS was obviously not wanting him only save the Earth, but as well impel him with straight fire.
The Doctor took a look at the sky, clear and dark. Just like the night he met Rose. Luckily, there was no Henrik's at the moment anymore. Because if it were, he couldn't bare it. That memory was too strong to let him live and move forward.

He didn't even had a plan. And for the third time, how was he going to enter Torchwood? Blimey, he's been thrown and chased by them too many times. He needed another approach. But which?

Nicely, wasn't working. Angry, wasn't working. This was just not like him. He became someone else..No wonder Rose left without even saying. Shereen drained his last good feelings, leaving pain inside him like a bottle. A bottle of emptiness and shadows.
He didn't deserve to be happy. Everything that was happening to him was fair. The loss and tears. He didn't cry and chose to hide, but what he felt made up to water a whole land of roses.

Do you smell chips?

Her voice echoed inside his head, as he saw the little diner in the corner of the street. Yeah. The same one. It mostly became like a ritual for them. Having chips after big battles. The Doctor was never going to forget how beautiful she was that day. Even if she wanted home, she stayed, for him. To help him through. To make him forget about his home planet.

My planet burned.

The Doctor stopped in front of the building and took a long look at it. Yep, just as thought. Windows shut sealed and security all over. How the bloody hell was he going to do it? Couldn't the TARDIS just transport him inside the main computer room?

'But that would sent them radiations. They could read us.' he thought again. 'Smart girl.'

The brown coated man turned around to leave, maybe it was time to think somewhere else at least, but a familiar voice called out.

"Doctor?"

When he looked after the source of words, he could spot someone actually unexpected, black costume and a rather different look, walk towards him.

"Mickey? I don't have time for thi-"
"Yes, you have!" Mickey flung his fist into the Doctor's face, and this fell down.

Look at that. Mickey the idiot, punching a Timelord in the face. Wait, was this real?
The Doctor shook his head and stood up. Did he really just punched him?

"That's a lovely approach. What do you want?"
"What I want?! You are asking what I want? Why don't you ask what the whole world wants, Doctor?" Mickey's voice raised. "You left us! You left us when we needed you the most!"
"We?"
"Jackie? Me? It's all your fault that Rose hasn't came back! Did you just gave up? All for nothing?! Without even feeling the pain?"
"You think I don't know pain?" the Doctor shook his head. "Or loss? I've been around a lot longer than you! I know what love is, and I've lost
my mind. Just because we have a different way of handling it, doesn't mean I don't have scars of my own. So don't you dare judge me!"
"You left Jackie, Doctor." his voice went lower. "You left her, without even a good bye. Without even a note. Do you know what it meant for her, to lose the only thing she lived for? How long do you think it's been? A month? Two?"
"Five." the Doctor's words felt tired.
"Seven. It's been seven months driving her crazy. Okay? She started going crazy! I need to take you to her."

Mickey tried to grab his hand, but the Doctor pulled away.

"Listen to me, idiot! There is no time for that! I'm not staying! I just need to save this bloody planet and go away."
"Save the planet? From whom?"
"Torchwood."
"Nah. That's a lie you're saying." Mickey mockingly laughed.
"And why's that?"
"Because I work there."

A/N: Yay! You made it till the end! Heh

A/N: Yay! You made it till the end! Heh. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and please excuse any grammar mistakes.

What do you think of the story? What do you think it'll happen? I am very curious bout ya.

I'll just leave for now :3 See ya!