Chapter 8

"Choose, Timelord!"  the very bright body whose face could not be seen demanded. "Make your choice, therefore the two of them will fade away, together. Who will you choose? The soul of a wolf, or the innocent one? The one with fire through her veins, or the one whose tears have cursed her heart?"

Rose looked around her, a hand whose lights demanded fear, gripping tightly of her shoulder. It hurt, and she was aware of it. She felt empty and broken, as if her soul begun to sunk in cold and terror. Her brain felt like burning up from seconds of mistakes, and her feet, whose hobby running used to be, felt like being two with ground.

Wait. Was she dreaming again?

"I can't do this!" she heard a voice in front of her. Her eyes followed, and into the hurting moment, she realized. He was laying there, down on his knees, his anger and tears mixing up together. Why was he crying?

"Doctor!!" Rose tried to yell, but not even an echo escaped. "Doctor!!"

It felt like she was mute; a ball of air stucking up her throat, capturing her call.

No. What was going on? Who was this light?

She turned around, gazing upon the 'fairy witch'; but how even? It was too bright. It hurt her eyes, impelling them with fire.

"Oh..But you already have made your choice, deep down inside your brain..and soul. Only you won't do it, for the sake of your love for her. Isn't it, Doctor?"

Rose returned her look on him, wondering about the choice. Between who? Who was the other one, and why couldn't she see it? Why such a big secret when the world felt coming to an end? The fate whose heartbeat to be sold.

She tried to move, only to realize her body felt like ice. She was stuck, captured between a cage and a lion, the choice she had to made to change the future self.

"Or should I better call you by your real name, H-"

"NOO!" the girl yelled as loud as she could, her voice finally having to be listened.

"Rose?!" the Doctor stood. "Rose, what's wrong?!"

She flung open her red eyes and took a look around her. She was...awake, and she was crying. She felt the coldly tears falling down her cheeks, and reached to them to wipe them off.

Why was she having this dream? A nightmare..? A vision..? A mistake?

The girl shook her head, her messy blonde hair falling down her shoulders, and as she turned around, the empty felt like full.

"Doctor?" Rose asked. He was just laying there, his eyes wide open, the confusion and concern quiet visual.

And, God, she was glad he was there. He was alive, and standing right there, near her, one hand over her leg.

"What happened?" the girl asked again.

"You...you started screaming. What's wrong, Rose?"

That was the right question. Not 'What happened', but as exactly as it was, 'What's wrong?'. But, what was wrong, after all? Why did she felt like that- it was only a dream, therefore the movements felt so real.

"I had.." she sighed. "I think I had a nightmare."

After some moments of silence, he replied. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"N..No. I am not sure. It feels so vague. I can't remember it..clearly. Just, it felt so real. And that empty soul, everything it wanted was to be free. I could feel it. The desire of returning back on land. Its own land, whose ground has been destroyed from terrific betraying. Doctor, I could feel it."