Chapter 12

"Have you got a minute?" Shereen's voice called him out. He placed on the console a Vortex Fabricator, and joined her in front of the screen.

"What is it?" the man friendly asked, although his brain was full with thoughts.

"Take a look at this. I tried hacking inside of it, but it keeps pulling me outside. It says Torchwood content file. What does it mean?"

"It means that is classified. What are you even doing?" he rubbed the back of his neck. "You shouldn't be hacking data."

"I thought you'll say that, but this may wake up your interest."

The woman reached for a wire, then connected it to the computer, while the Doctor looked confusedly, arms crossed. At first it didn't really happen anything, still, something went off.

"You see?" she pointed with her finger. "It's a virus. An outer space virus, and after I checked all the data, looks like it's very common. Everywhere. Especially on Earth."

The Doctor put on his specs, and with big interest started inspecting the monitor. Yes. She was right. The virus existed and it was spreading all over the place, with alacrity. Therefore they were standing in the Constellation of Kripita, the TARDIS was smart enough to read it. He felt so lucky the machine was alive and that she could semnalize. Although she started acting weird since Rose fell 'asleep'. Maybe it was only because she cared about the girl, maybe that she only felt confused and concerned. It had to be, otherwise he couldn't explain it to himself.

"Alright." the Timelord sighed.

"Trouble?"

"Very big."

"How big?" Shereen sat on the jump seat.

"It could cause the end of the banana daiquiri as we know it." he loudly sniffed the air. "..also life."

"Who?"

"Well, the ones who keep rejecting your access should know something, if they keep denying it."

"Torchwood?"

"Yep." the man replied popping the 'p'. "What do you think? Should we pay them a visit?"

"Already on it."

She flung towards the commandos of the console, where she confidently pressed some buttons and set the date.

"No, no. That's too early. Try 2007." the Doctor threw his arms in the air as he re-set the time and place.

"Where to?"

"Cardiff. Well, hopefully. There are more than just one Torchwood, so I hope that is the right destination."

"Travelling with a non-confident man.."

"But you still love it." he smiled.

The time machine started dematerializing, and after she was finished, the two stepped outside of it. He pulled on his brown coat, while she slightly shivered at the cold. The Doctor took another last look at the TARDIS, thinking about Rose and the choice of leaving her alone, but the blue box assured him that she's going to take care of her.

The man shook his head thanking, then took a deep breath.

"December. I love December." he giggled grabbing his psychic paper.

"Do you remember? Big spaceship above our heads on Christmas day?"

"Oh, yeah. I woke up on the roof. Not to mention, I have problems with highs."

"You're still flying the TARDIS."

"Yeah, well. I am inside the box. I can't see its outside, so I think I'll be fine." she laughed. "By the way, how do you intend to enter?"