Chapter 26

The Doctor could sense a weird feeling creeping through his skin, as he followed the humanoid towards the building. As they entered, he started to inspect its interior, a bit of confused and strongly careful.
The walls were painted all in a dirty black and the ceiling sustained a mini chandelier above their heads, while the floor was all covered with strong cold metal, which caused their footsteps to be heard. All over the place were scattered dozens of dark-yellow papers, as if someone worked on them, and primitive technology, which mostly looked damaged. The place was a ruin, the cold wind was capable to enter through the little gaps created by gun shots, and the stairs which lead to another floor cracked under his feet.

The other man saw the Doctor staring around.

"The Grifonds managed to take over our base, so we had to find a new spot of hiding. But she promised she will save us, whatever it takes. And I believe the mighty words."
"She? Who is she?" he scratched frustrated the back of his neck, deepening his other hand in the pocket of his trousers.

The place reminded him of a battle he's got through, oh, so many years before. There was a great war, between two species of equal creator, Pestepher Strong. His goal was to create more than one kind of living creatures, incredibly dangerous once, and turn them all agains their leader, to sabotage Patrovnik Jahn. The visions of this man predicted that one day, his true self soul will be revealed, and he would come to rule the planet he was standing on, then maybe even the galaxy. Although perfectly planned, his mind started dripping and memory loss became present, making him hallucinate and believe amazingly wrong things. The two species started spreading underground using energy of radiations, and before Pestepher even knew it, the genocide begun, leaving behind not more than dust and bones. Highly damaged, the planet was taken under custody by the Shadow Proclamation, where he, the Doctor, had to investigate the source of creation and stop it. Strong's base of work looked very alike to the one on this planet, dusty stairs, ruined walls, and not at least ceiling.

"The written prophecy has been revealed, and our salvation made its way on road of nothingness. She is the one. Although damaged and unwell, the pure human managed to help us. And she is our leader." the humanoid stopped the Doctor and looked him in the eyes. "And the end of war has yet to come, when the arrival of blue box appears." the man exhaled with hope. "Words of wisdom or not, I speak human as well. Be careful around her, or I swear I'll shoot."

The Doctor followed after the humanoid, hands in his pockets. His eyes gazed carefully all around, growing more impatient with every step he took.
Oh, Rose would've loved this place. Not only full of history and dust, but reasons to run away were there too, dangerous and incredibly fantastic. She would've hate it as well too. Rose never liked wars, they were simply the opposide of her expectations, sometimes even leading her back inside the TARDIS. She always complained about the fact, that even human or not, there were people, species, dying. And it wasn't fair, nobody had to die. She was right.

"If you are at war, how come this place looks so empty? I mean, no offense, but I hardly think you're strong enough to fight alone."
"We've got ultimative weapons and men outside. There is no time for us. No day or night, no nothing, but blood on our hands. He's helping us defeat them. We will exterminate the enemy."
"He?" his brows furrowed together.

The humanoid stood in front of a big metal door, and after knocking a few times, the door opened, revealing a wave of people running, working, talking, making plans. The Doctor's look turned here and there, only to realize the emptiness inside those people's eyes. They were discouraged and somehow very disappointed. They were so full of rage and fear, but still fighting. Still going on. Never giving up.
Whoever this pure human was, she inspired them highly well.

"You hide in here?" the Doctor asked, completely confused and fascinated.
"Not hide. Prepare."

"Sergeant Caan, the time has come." another soldier appeared out of nowhere. "They are coming."
"How many?"
"A third. Towards us. Very fast."
"Positions, then!! We will need him this time, it's code mauve!!"

The humanoid that led him in here quickly disappeared from sight, leaving the Doctor gaze around him. He slowly took out his sonic and inspected the surrounding, not even bothered by the other's looks. He slightly licked his intex finger and raised it in the air.
Weird.
Frankly, he approached the wall and sniffed it.
Very weird.

As he followed the anagogic path and his senses, he kept his sonic up, sonicking every gap and route he took. Couple of seconds he abruptly stopped and stared at the wall interested. With his fingertips, he gently touched it, then with his tongue licked it.

Get out of here, he thought. Oh, that's brilliant!

"It's you." a voice behind him called out. The Doctor quickly turned around. A small female, red-headed who looked into her 60, stood there pointing with a finger.
"Excuse me?" the Doctor asked.
"You will see her again, Doctor. "
His eyes slowly widened. "How do you know my name?"
"Your name is a lie. And she will hate you. I can see it in your soul. The empty chest is yet to be fulled..with darkness."

"Grandma, I told you not to wander off!" a young woman ran towards them. "Don't talk to strangers. They are dangerous. Remember what she said, right? Méchant loup, grandma."

The Doctor's hearts skipped a quick beat, and as the two walked away, he quickly grabbed her hand.

"What did you say?" he asked, both fear and hope inside his body.
"I may not speak to the traitor!" the young woman took her arm back and ambled away. "Méchant loup!"

A/N: Kay. Another chapter is done. I hope you enjoyed reading it ^_^ . By the way, I am looking for a beta-reader. Anyone interested? I really need one.

Thank you for reading :3 Don't forget to comment your thoughts. I love reading them :D .

Bye!