Chapter 16

Once entered, the Doctor and Shereen split up in different directions. His plan had to work, at least that's what he believed. Meet at the main computer and get the virus do its job. Easy-peasy.

"Good luck." the woman added adjusting the uniform they stole. She ran one hand through her hair and quickly winked at the Doctor before going away.

The Timelord's brow furrowed, shooking his head confused. He didn't need good luck. He was a professional in such things. Not to mention that two weeks ago, before Rose woke up, he and Shereen escaped from a jail on Souburus.
It was a bit weird though. They were there just for visiting , and then out of nowhere, these humanoids soldiers started accusing them with the guns pointing. He remembered being escorted and thrown into the cell. He also remembered being interrogated, Shereen got second on the line, and then she came back, bringing the keys for the cell. He would've used the Sonic with pleasure if the humanoids didn't take it; and at that moment, the black haired woman made his jaw drop.
He felt fascinated, same time amazed. How did she managed to do such a thing? She wasn't in the military, and even if her brain was telepathic, he could sense the crack that sometimes didn't gave her the opportunity to make great choices. Shereen was..Shereen. She was special, of course she was. Brilliant in fact. But how she managed to live with the telepathic field, he couldn't really understand. He did ran some tests on her, but what out came was pointless. She was healthy. She was healing fast and learning very quick. This was impossible and amazing.
That's why he kept her aboard the Tardis. Not only because Rose would've wanted her friend to be there, but..he felt like he did too. In a way, he really did. And he loved her presence; she made him sometimes forget about Rose and sing to him. Shereene's voice was beautiful, just like her eyes, hair, skin...and smell.

Whoa, stop it right there! ,he argued with himself. What the hell am I even thinking?!

It was pretty obvious that after throwing him outside, Torchwood would be eyes and ears at the moment. And he could have used the Tardis, but it was too risky. And he wouldn't do that when Rose is gone. He STILL needed to take her back home.

His heart shrunk thinking about her. Why did she go away? Why did she ran? She wasn't very near, that was the only information the Time Machine gave him, and still. He couldn't understand such things. He was rubbish at them. Just like the taste of a pear. Evil, green monsters.

The Doctor silently ambled the Torchwood corridors, sometimes hiding behind boxes, peeking at the other people, hiding his face and greeting the people back with a lower voice. He sighed in relief as he finally reached the room he was supposed to find, and stepped inside locking it with the sonic.

"How come there's not even one staff looking after this place?" Shereen stood up the chair as he entered. She took out the part he needed for the Anti-Virus, and passed it.
"I dunno. Maybe you get the chance to ask if they get us." he connected the parts, and the Anti-Virus beeped. "Maybe because the place NEEDS to be ignored."
"What do you mean?"
"Oh, well. Many people may work here, but I don't think everyone accepts the idea of a zombie world." the Doctor flung over the computer, and with his sonic in hand, started connecting it. "So what do you do to not drag people's attention?"
"You ignore." her brows raised. "Oh, that's brilliant!"

Jackie sat down on the couch with her daughter. She prepared a cup of tea and waited in the silence for Rose to open up. It did took some time, and she could see the pain steaming out her body; she still cried, but very very silent.
That's why I never noticed, the blonde woman thought ,rubbing her forehead in concern.
Rose was literally everything she had on this planet. Anything else was gone, over; and to think that some stupid bloke, daft alien would hurt her like that, drove her mad.
The girl sobbed a few times before laying her head on her mother's shoulder.

"I think in the end..." Rose whispered. "The one who lost was me.."
"No. Don't talk like that, honey." Jackie squeezed her hand.
"But I did, Mum. Everything. All. A lie..I thought.."

Rose stopped for a moment, and her mother understood, giving her some time to gather her thoughts.

"Something tells me that I should never go back.." she slowly raised her head to look at her mum's eyes, only to start crying a little more. "But how can I? I thought it was a good decision..to leave..to let him be with her. With Shereen, the love of his life."
"Well, how do you know it? Maybe he only became good friends with her ,that's all."

Rose wiped some tears off, remembering herself that, even if it hurt, she had to stay strong.
But how? How to do that when the feelings of love were turning black? The feeling of love was increasing only on the opposide.

"They were not.." the girl tried to accept. "I know it..because, he is different. He acts different, his voice is different, his gaze..everything."
"But the Doctor couldn't have changed just like that, could he? It had to take some time, sweetheart. Why realize only now?". Jackie waited for a reply, but when none came out, she prepared herself to talk again. "Rose, look at me." she cupped her daughter's face. "I love you. My little pretty girl. And I am here for you as long as you need me. You can talk to me..whenever you want. You did quite some mistakes, and I used to think that traveling with that plump was one too.. Because of you two I started seing the whole world differently..I can't understand why he did it. But I promise you. I won't ever leave him hurt you again. I promise."

The Doctor connected some wires to the computer and Anti-Virus and waited for it to go 'Beep' again. He then pressed on the keyboard some codes, while the female watched him ,arms crossed.

"How do you know if that's even gonna work?"
"I don't." he turned his face for a second. "That's why I'm excited about it. Isn't that fun? This thing could blow us up at once and I created it. Perfect extermination. " his expression changed to disgust. "Ughh. I sound like a Dalek."

"I told you that you have free access to that!!" a woman's voice echoed outside the room. "I want to see it now! The Photex needs to be released! Do you understand me?"

"Company." the Timelord grabbed the sonic from the chair. He waved at Shereen to go to the computer, and she did, seeing a bit of panik written on his face. He pointed the screwdriver towards the door. "Shereen, you need to do the exact steps I am telling you, alright? I'll try buy us some time."

The woman nodded, and as the door's knob moved, the Doctor pressed the sonic's button to block again the door.

"What?" the same woman exclaimed behind the door. "Open it! What is going on?!"
"I am trying, Elizabeth. But it's stuck!"
"Then un-stuck it!" she demanded. "You know how important this project is!"

"Shereen, quick! Type! 003-243-567-789." the Doctor's voice reached her ears.
The woman did so, and after she was finished, a window opened.

"It's giving me a kind of..like..server to choose."
"Tmldr.Trds.Rose. Click on that one and tell me what comes out."

The knob moved again ,and the Timelord as well used his wand.

"Invalid. Error 3445."
"What?!" his eyes gazed upon her. "No. No. No. No. Not now! Get me place!"

Shereen stood up, and as the man hit the computer, she slightly jumped. The computer restarted the code, and a bar which filled appeared.

"See?" he laughed. "Piece of cake."

He took his position again in front of the door, and Shereen sat down.
The Doctor couldn't say he wasn't afraid. A bit, he was. If something went wrong, the whole planet could just simply disappear. He wasn't ready on commiting genocide again. NO MORE!

"92%" the woman woke him up again. "94, 95, 98, 99...100%."
"Good!" he smiled. "Very good. Now, the only thing you have got to do. Click on the red point with the..the white one."
"Check."
"Press pr6-dd8."
"Check."
"Shereen Black." his face turned towards her as the computer opened a window and two choices. 'Launch' or 'Decline'. "The world is in your hands."

A/N: Okay, guys! Please excuse if there are any grammar mistakes. (You can also point out if you find any). I had to rush, since school is destroying me. Sorry.
I still hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and won't forget to support me with a vote! :) Love ya!