Chapter 25

His track of thoughts quickly tensed up at the words she spoke. Rose. What has she done? She left, only to protect? Her life at own risk only for a lonely man. A soul of nothingness. She already knew, the darkness is coming.
But how?
She was only just a human. She wasn't possesed by superior entities or minds. And for god sake, she wasn't a Timelord. Prophecies are meant to fall upon those with a great telepathic field. And she wasn't telepathic, was she?

He still watched the now empty spot Rose Tyler stood. She felt so real, there in front of him; although still a hologram, oh, how she still felt like her.

The Doctor took a look around him, and grabbed a book. "Beyond the dreams" it said. Has she really tried to do this all herself? Why not tell him? Why do it alone?
All this time he thought of them being only nightmares, only dreams that prevented human brains from the black of reality. How could he be so blind? And for such long time. It was all his fault. Only his. And he was never going to forgive himself.
And from all the time, why the bloody hell did the TARDIS chose to show him now? Why from all, not before the tragedy? Before she faded away. Before she disappeared. To be able to save, to be able to rescue. No. It wasn't his fault. It was this stupid ship's fault!

In return as an answer, the blue box hummed, sending him mixed signals and cold thoughts. She automatically flipped a switch and dematerialized, shaking aggressively, she sent him on the floor. With a look of rage, the Doctor tried to stand, one hand lifting his body, the other grabbing what seemed to be a nightstand. He exited the dark room, and mostly ambled like a drunk man to the console. Has it really came to the point where his own time machine became his enemy?
He reached to the control panel and smashed his fist upon it, trying to reverse the straight line and stabilize the circuit. He even smacked it with the hammer a few times, shouting words only he could understand, and hit some places with his foot, groaning with anger.

"STOP!!" he yelled at the TARDIS, who seemed to be pretty annoyed and sent him on the floor again.
She shook some more times, making things drop off, then materialized, causing herself to grow darker, the lights flickering continuously.

The Doctor wanted to shout once again and hold a lecture with her for disrespecting his rules. And it wasn't the first time. This ship was telepathic, she should've known when he wasn't in the right mood. Not to mention, the destination she chose, consumed more than a half of her energy. Now they were supposed to travel back to Cardiff and recharge on top of the rift?

What was behind these doors?

He carefully pulled on his coat, which surprisingly remained clean, and flung outside the TARDIS, second thoughts still ghosting through his brain and anemia. He tried to create a positive circle around himself as he exited, to remain calm during the trip she chose for him. It didn't last too long 'till he realized the sounds of blasts from far away.

"What?" he loudly asked, as if there was anyone to hear.

He took a look around, to his surprise, the planet seemed to be quietly empty. Hills of dirt and naked ground stood in his way to view further, and as he looked up, he tried to decipher the constellation above his head.
Wherever he was, this planet seemed new. He never stepped foot here, he was a stranger to this world.
The Doctor took out his sonic, and pointed it around. He measured the temperature with a sniff, then tasted a small amount of soil.

But, this planet is impossible. he thought.

He walked ahead through the wind that seemed to taste like mold and salt. He looked like an idiot wandering around. But this planet was physically intolerable. Not to mention, there shouldn't have been any survivors. What was with all that noise and scent of vital signs?

Maybe he should only head back to the Tardis. It was a pretty better choice, than to ruin any existence, if existed. He didn't want to bring destruction, not again. He was rubbish at the time, he wasn't good. Why to go further?

Still, there was always that little voice inside his head, telling him 'Go on. Go on.' The Tardis did bring him here for a reason. She wouldn't go crazy just like that, not even for a second.

But this was so wrong. So, so wrong. Pastillivia was destroyed. After the war between his people and the Daleks, after the end of the Time War, after everything died, Pastillivia was the nearest planet to the surface to receive the blast. It was supposed to be gone among with Gallifrey. It was supposed to be ash, little rocks, meteors and so on.

The Doctor tightened his coat as a big wave of cold wind blew away, leaving behind dust and drops of water. Seems like near this place existed even a resource of water. Impossible!
He grew more impatient as he looked ahead. Civilisation?

He placed his hand above his eyes as he looked at the tall building in front of him, to cover them from fine particles. Whoever lived here seemed well controlled. He could've mistaken human beings have lived upon, if he didn't knew the planet.

His frustrated expression increased more and more. The place looked secured, all over the ground were placed multiple mine bombs, not to mention, electric wires. Electric?! Since when did this planet supplied electricity?

"You will not pass." a voice demanded behind him, and by the sound of heavy metal, he already knew a gun was pointed.
"I'm not here to harm anyone. Only if you have a reason for it." the Doctor slowly turned around, and as he gazed upon the person, his eyes widened. "Oh, you're human!..weell..part human."
"Of course I'm human! Where have you been living? Among with the Grifonds?"
"The what?"
"Oh, don't pretend like you don't know. We've been fighting them for decates."
"Who are you? How does this planet even exist? It was supposed to be atoms in the air."
"I need your legitimation."
"You don't need to know who I am to answer the question."
"Legitimation or I shoot." the person threatened.
"John Smith." he shoved the psychic paper at the other man's face.
"Planet."

After some seconds of thoughts, the Doctor deepened his hands inside the pockets, making sure the gun Mickey gave him was still there. He never used it, not even once after all that happened with Torchwood. But he kept it, in case something occured.

"Earth." he replied.
"Now, that is impossible. And you're a fake."
"And why's that?" the Doctor's voice felt rough.
"Because there is only one pure human left on this planet. All the others died three decates ago."
"Show me."
"Move forward."