Chapter 31

The Doctor leaned against the console, arms crossed. He took a long look at the ceiling above his head and silently sighed.

I'm okay. he communicated with the TARDIS. I am always okay. She might just need some time. Maybe..I shouldn't have rushed like that.

He turned around to face the time rotor and as he inclined towards the mechanical panel, he pressed some multiple buttons, which in this case opened the doors automatically. The Doctor slowly approached them to take a look outside, then sat on the edge, his legs flying above the time bubble he inserted themselves in.

This was probably, if not surely, the first moment in the last dozens of his years when he felt so calm. He felt like, the world turned around for him in just a couple of seconds, like there was something relaxing him. Of course, it bothered him, to be fair pretty hurt, that she may be willing to return back home. But at least, she was still she. Welll, when he says 'she', he means physically. Although not even that way, she was completely new. Having examinated her whole chromosomal structure and minor physical anomalies which appeared over the time, gave him an almost heart attack. He knew from the moment she was connected to the wires and captured into the cylinder full of substance, that something was changed. But, he never really knew what; and now that he did, he was one of the most happy living individual in the whole of galaxy. No, not happy, amazingly cheerful, brilliant, molto bene, allons-y!

But then again..it seemed she wasn't. Or maybe she didn't really understand what was going on? Did he had to explain it again?
It was very simple, welll technically not, but yes. From what he knew and noticed, this was still Rose, his Rose. And his Rose would be able to understand.

But what if she really didn't?

She loudly exhaled the air out her lungs, murmuring. A part of her mind felt like dying, although still completely regenerated body. Rose felt a very weird mixture of feelings inside her chest, she was so frustrated, so confused. She felt happy, but at the same time so depressed, broken but still hopeful. She felt hating but still loving.
What the hell was going on?!

The girl dried her cheeks with the back of her hands, as she stood up and shivered at the cold floor. Her feet were naked, and..so was her body. Wait a second, she was wearing the Doctor's coat and underneath it.. nothing at all.
Again, what the hell was going on?!

I swear ,if this plumb did something to me! she thought. In that moment, just a very short one, she felt her heart skipping a beat. But no. No, it wasn't a normal one. It was different, very different.
Rose reached to her left side of her chest to press her hand. That's when it hit her. The one heart that skipped the beat..wasn't the one she was trying to feel. It was...the second one?

She rushed to a stethoscope that laid on top of a desk and quickly grabbed it. Rose placed the earpiece inside her ears and started listening. There they were..two hearts. Beating joyfully inside her body.
She leaned forward a bit, fixing her hands against a chair, later, extending to a pair of scissors. And good Lord, her touches felt so sensible, every cell of her body received feelings, cold and roughness. Was it normal?

And I told him,'Mikey, if you want to use the microwave, you'll first need to plug it in!'
No way! Tell you what. One time I searched the whole Tardis for electricity, she was out that day. And I was so angry because I couldn't find any! But then I remembered: I am electricity myself!
You're joking!
I mean it! And I was nearly exploding every cell of my brain that day. Seems like Mondays aren't my type.

Rose stared at the great sharped scissors, cutting through the air. The sound of it contacted her hearing in a very defined way, like she could not only..hear it, but feel it too.
She felt once again tears struggle down her cheeks, very hot tears, and Rose smiled.. Sad and happy smile.

The Doctor cought a bit and loudly sniffed the air. Weird. He had never had a cold, so what was happening? He reached his neck and gently rubbed it; that old scarf of his was so good at the time. Maybe even a Jellybaby. Sadly, he didn't remember saving any bag of it, so he had to taste the memory if he wanted to. And blimey, he felt so tired at the same time. Yawning and yawning again and again.
Supposedly, he needed some sleep.

The Timelord stood up his feet, removing the dust off his trousers and turned around. What he didn't notice however, was the blonde girl that stood there. His eyes gazed upon her, her eyes too. They stared at each other for some time, and he noticed a pair of scissors in her hands, and the fact that her hair was shorter.
Rose placed them on the console and took a step forward.

"The TARDIS." she said, and he raised his look. "It's bigger on the inside?"

The Doctor watched empty her face. What was she doing?
After a couple of seconds, he replied.

"T-A-R-D-I-S. It stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space."

"Is it alien?" she asked again. Somehow, her questions were confusing him, but he got along with it.

"Yes."

"Are you alien?"

"Yes." he deepened his hands inside of his pockets, but quickly took them out.

"Doctor?" her voice felt so shaky and eyes looked so red.

"Yes."

Hello.
Hello. Did you sleep well?
W-Well, you would make a good pillow.
Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. You can buy me in any store and even online, 5 pounds each. And since I am singular, I'll have to become more. I come with a banana as a gift, which smelles as a rose and tastes like a Timelord. Do you think anyone would buy me?
If you need a propaganda, you just need to say it. Still, I am not sharing you with anyone. You are my personal pillow...with taste of a Timelord. How does a Timelord even taste like?

It didn't last too long after his response. Rose quickly ran up to him, sinking inside his warm embrance, her hands around his torso. She deepened her head inside the crook of his neck, and they both fell down their knees, she, on top of his legs. The girl only managed to call out half of his name through the sobbing, and he replied every time. He tried calming her by kissing her forehead, but it was too much for him to bare. The Doctor tightened his hug, leaning in and out, and felt some multiple tears on his cheeks as well. They stood there like that some good minutes, swinging. It felt like they were communicating through their bodies, their touching and breathing against each other. Or at least that's what she felt.
After calming down a bit, she slowly pulled away to look at him, and her eyes widened in shock. Her hand reached his face to wipe his tears off.

"Doctor.." she whispered, feeling hus hand on top of her back.

"Always. Rose Tyler." he sadly smiled.

A/N: I want to announce that, this book is coming to an end. As many of you saw, the other book "The Story Ever After" was taken out, because my mind told me i cant make it and that i need to re-polish it. I am sorry about it. But it will be released again as soon as my good friend will finish the new trailer for it.
Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Bye! ♡♡