Chapter 5

Maybe that going out with him that day was wrong. Maybe that leaving her friend behind again was disrespectful and selfish - but she was talking about the Doctor, doing domestic. It wasn't normal for him, and for Rose to lose a chance like that would've been bad. Very bad.

It wasn't like she has never got to eat with him before. She did, but only under circumstances.

This was a trip she planned a long time before, but wasn't sure if it was right to ask him about it; sometimes the Doctor could be very persuasive. And now that it happened, shouldn't Rose enjoy at least a half of it? Who knows, maybe later she could get a peek at the other part of his story.

He never talked about his past. It seemed like it was hurting him only just by thinking about it; and she didn't want to press his buttons. Not with him on that stage where his anger could raise at any time.

Rose took a very quick and cool shower before preparing herself. She exited the bathroom, a towel wrapped around her body, and waited for the TARDIS to choose an outfit. It was a blue and backless dress, long enough to cover her knees- sparkling at the bottom, a pair of black High Heels with a little ribbon on the heel, a black jacket with accents of gold and not at least, the most beautiful jewelry she has ever seen her entire life.

The girl took a last astonished look at the precise choice the Tardis made. The outfit was amazing, posh and surely desired by many ladies at her age.

After she pulled on the clothes and placed the necklace, earings and bracelet where they should be, she put on some makeup then exited her bedroom. It wasn't like she never wore high heels, because she did; still, it seemed quiet hard to walk on them.

Rose ambled the stairs which led to the console room, her hand running through her hair, giving it a bit volume. The Doctor didn't notice at first when she approached, but after she gave him a soft squeeze on the shoulder, he turned around, his eyes falling on her and her beauty. He has never seen her like that before, it felt like in front of him stood another kind of woman. The way her hair was falling through the golden light and how her smile reflected towards his hearts. How could he not smile at that? How could he not love such a beautiful like Rose? She was perfect. And she was there, right besides him. But it wasn't allowed. No. I have to stay in my place. I can't touch her, the Doctor said to himself.

"You look beautiful." the Timelord said, offering her his arm. "Considering."

"Considering what?" Rose's smile faded away.

"That you're human."

"Why do I feel like we've already been through this?" she laughed. "So. Where are we going?"

"Oh, you're gonna love it. The best restaurant in this city."

"How do you know that?"

"Well, " he loudly sniffed "I used to come here when I was younger."

"You? Used to go to restaurants? Doing domestic?"

"They always had the best Jelly Babies!" the Doctor exclaimed "Don't judge me!"

"Oh, so you're taking me out just to get some Jelly Babies."

"What? No. Of course not. Why would I? I wanted to take you out."

"Liar." she teased. "They still have them, aren't they?"

"Rose, I told you.. Well, yeah, maybe they still have those Jelly, but that's not the reason."

"Then why are you taking me out?"

"Because. Because. Uhh! What are you doing to me?!"

Rose started laughing out loud at seeing him struggle for a reply. It didn't hurt her that he only wanted some Jelly Babies, as she said, she wanted him to have some fun too. She wasn't that selfish, because she already knew he wouldn't have feelings for her. This was a date between friends. Best friends actually.