Chapter 4

The worst part about falling in love is that your life takes a route, and things that before were normal cannot be controlled anymore. They make their own choices, like they are not part of yourself anymore, like they have their own consciousness, and they break you apart; sometimes in a good way, sometimes not. Love brings sacrifices, tears, anxiety, depression - but most of all, happiness. And it's a very strange feeling, all of them mixing together. It makes you burn from the inside, and your head feels like spinning. But, that's the way it is. We don't have any switch to turn it off or on, we have to live with it. Because we are people, and we love it. We love how love feels and the fact that it sometimes hurts, proves us that, we are and we will be, forever, humans.

She loved how his hand fitted so perfectly with hers, and his warmth against her palm. She loved how he sometimes would look at her, differently, then he would smile and then do again his thing. It killed her knowing that he actually wouldn't even have any feelings for her, because..she did. She loved him more than she could even possibly love herself; she loved his way of being, of existing, breathing, smiling, laughing. But she had to accept it: a relationship between a Timelord and a human. Rejected. It was impossible, and she surely wasn't going to push any buttons. Rose didn't want to go home so early, even though she knew that she will have to. Sometime.

"Rose, we haven't even payed the check! We can't wander off like that!" the Doctor exclaimed as she pulled him after her.

"Oh, come on, Doctor! What is wrong with you? Just a bit of an adventure, that's all. Now, run!"

"This is not an adventure! This is breaking laws!!" he laughed as they ran together, their hands still connected. "You can even go to prison for that."

"For that and your lovely pears, isn't it?"

"Whoa" he stopped for a moment to look her in the eye "No. You're right. Evil pears don't deserve money. Now, run!"

They wouldn't have had to run if some bunch of aliens and humans wouldn't have started chasing them, but let's be honest. The Doctor loved the running, and so did Rose. Because it was the only thing that kept them alive in awful situations of danger; and not to mention it, it was healthy. Even when you break the rules.

"Wait" she gasped "I- I can't.. I need air."

"Oh, you humans and your need of oxygen! Rose, you need more sport."

"Oh, yeah? And who's gonna train me? You? I don't think so; besides, I could get a paper cut."

"Oi! What's that supposed to mean?!" his high-pitched voiced reached her ears.

"It means that" Rose took another breath, then approached the man, her hand shortly patting his belly "You need to eat some more. And I don't mean just bananas, I mean food. Like 20 hamburgers and 10 portions chips."

"And that's food for you?" he followed her as they started walking. "It doesn't sound like it for me."

"Well, it should. What would you do if you had to carry your own child? Would you just drop it?" she giggled.

"Well, I was a father once."

"What?-"

"But that doesn't mean I'm not strong enough. I could even carry you, Rose Tyler."

"What. You? Carry me? Doctor, I think you would break up in piec-!!!"

Before she could even finish her sentence, the Timelord approached and lifted her body up, one hand supporting her neck and head, the other her legs; bridal style. He laughed as he started spinning around with her, both her hands taking a very tight grip of his shoulders.