~Competition~

~Tatum's Pov~
"Alright. Pvp will start in 5 min. You two will be on a team, since you were assigned to a team deathmatch. The rules are fairly simple; First, there is no stealing from other players inside the dome. Second..."

The guard here keeps rambling on about the rules we already know. Kyro and I have both seen it before, well, Pvp matches here that is. It's just a bunch of say-so's that no one in the dome actually follow.
We can't steal from other players anyways. For one thing, matches last like 10 min. The biomes aren't that large, and we can hear noises easily with these ears. Basically, anyone who tries to sneak up behind us will have another thing coming.
Kyro and I and pushed into the biome.. Literally, they pushed us. Geeze, nobody here has ANY manners so they?

For my weapon, I have a Glaive. Mostly because it's light, and looks sharp enough to cut down a tree in one slash. I prefer light weapons, since it's easier to handle and more graceful to use. Kyro chose a bow, it looked enchanted.. I think it had power 3 punch 1. That's pretty good, for the dome that is. Mine isn't enchanted, but it is diamond, so either ways it'll do a lot of damage.

"Ok, let's just not die and get this over with." She says to me, loading her bow.
What? Oh, you're probably surprised we aren't freaking out over this. Well, at least for me.. As a child I used to play a mini game kinda like this with my brother. He showed me how to properly hold a weapon. Heck, he's even the one who taught me how to brew potions.
"Sh.. Duck." She points her bow in my direction. I duck, and she fires just in time. Her arrow hit a bush, and a small screech could be heard. two people jumped out of it, one with an arrow lodged in their shoulder.
They pointed an arrow at me, but when they shot my reflexes immediately lifted the Glaive and deflected it. Just as it did so, I lunged toward him and slashed his bow from his head, leaving him stranded on the ground. As my Glaive was to his throat, Kyro shot 4 arrows at the other person. They landed in his heads neck, chest and shoulder. When she was done, I finished off the guy on the ground.

We were taking steady breaths, so we won't attract anymore unfamiliar people.
"Nice choice, it seems to work pretty well for you." She complimented me.
"Thanks, you're not too bad yourself." She laughed a little, and so did I.
I don't know why.. I haven't laughed since my brother passed away.

"Hey, looks like there's two noobies lighting a fire past the trees into that clearing."
She pointed to a site, where two people were lying by the fire. One had black clothing and a dark aura... A shadow. The other looked normal, from what I could tell.
The biome we were in was a forest this time, which is ironically pretty rare in the dome.
"I could snipe them from here if I wanted to. They're positions allow me to, but we should go in closer for extra measure.
I nodded, and got a swiftness potion from my bag. I drank it, and gave Kyro one. We started to walk towards the clearing, then slowly ran.

----------

~Caden's Pov~
Well, we're finally out of that jail cell, But now we're stuck in the market, I don't know what to do..
"Look, here's the plan. I've already figured out Kyro and Tatum were written down for the dome by someone else. Her name is Lilli, and I don't who she is exactly, but I do know she's a shadow." Jackson explained.

Lilli...? It couldn't be..

"Anyways, Tatum and Kyro have a better chance of winning Gp. I took a look at the competition board, and they have the most skill in there. We just have to wait for them to get out of there. I'm going to come up with a plan, to find this "Lilli" person and see what her problem is. She was either trying to find easy competitors, or she knows them. Either way, all we can do for now is wait." He went to another shop and bought some apples.

Ok, Jackson, I trust you.
----------
Real quickly, I wanted to apologize for not updating anything over the break. It was so busy during holidays, and I thought a week couldn't hurt. I'll be updating stories more, and hopefully adding new ones. I'm not gonna do many of these, (meaning the update in the book) since I made a seperate book for that of course, but just wanted to make sure you all received my apologies.