Chapter 1: X

Dean and Sam sit next to the Impala, watching in horror as the angels fell from the Heavens. Dean's eyes are wide with fear, fear for Castiel and for Sam who looked like he was only seconds from passing out. Suddenly Dean's chest heaved, for some odd reason as his thoughts kept going back to Castiel. Instead of freaking out, he quickly helped Sam into the Impala, getting in himself and speeding off. "D-do you think C-Cas is okay?" Sam coughed.

"I don't know." Dean said as he watched the angels fall from the skies. He would pray for Castiel's safety but what was the point? All the angels are gone, they speed back to the bunker, where Kevin was rushing around with a bow and arrow confused as to what was happening. Dean helped Sam in, Kevin holding Sam's other side.

"What happened?" Kevin kept asking, as Dean laid Sam on his bed. Dean didn't answer him, instead walked out of Sam's room and downstairs. "Dean?" Kevin pushed. Dean got angry, he spun around.

"I don't know, OK?" Dean shouted at Kevin, the teen's eyes went wide with the sudden outburst and Dean sighed, letting his head hang low. "Kevin, listen, something bad happened," he walked into the library, hoping they'd have some type of book about angels. But no such luck, Dean sighed heavily as he slid down a chair and shut his eyes tight. He took about 20 deep breaths as he tried to hide his fear. Why was he so afraid? His mind kept wondering maybe because his best friend, an angel, could possibly be dead. Just the thought, Dean has seen Castiel die many times before but never once has he seen him fully human, Dean jumped up. He needs to find Castiel, Dean grabs his jacket and keys.

"Where are you going?" Kevin asks out of no where.

"I'm going to find Cas. Watch Sam. Check on him." Dean said, running out to his baby and jumping in. 

Dean to the Church where him and Sammy were. He got out, it was quiet and scaring. Knowing there was no angels up in heaven I mean they deserved it, Dean thought. He grabbed his shot gun and started towards the woods.

Where he swore he saw a couple angels fall, his gun pointed in front of him just in case. Dean kept walking, deeper and deeper into the forest. "Cas?" Dean whispered, hopefully loud enough for Castiel to hear him. No answer, Dean kept walking and aiming his gun at any noise. He needed to be careful, not to shoot the new human version of Castiel. He heard a shuffle to his right, he spun over to the noise and had his gun aimed. "Who is there?" Dean shouted. The noise coming closer and out of the woods came Castiel. His trench coat was covered in mud, Dean lowered his gun and ran at Castiel. Hugging him. "I thought you were dead." Dean smiled with relief.

"I wish I was." Castiel whispered, Dean pulled away and tried to pretend he didn't hear that.

"Lets get back." Dean wrapped his arm around Castiel's shoulders, leading him back to the car. It was quiet as they got into the Impala. Dean kept looking towards Castiel, sending him worried glances and Castiel didn't seem to notice. He kept watching the window, Castiel's mind wandering to where he messed up. Every angel is human now and it was all because of him. The whole drive was silent as they pulled up to the bunker. Dean got out, Castiel following behind him. Not saying a word, they got inside and Dean looked to Castiel. "Here." he said, "Give me your coat, I'll wash your clothes." Dean said.

"What will I wear?" Castiel asked.

"I'll give you some clothes. Lets go up to my room." Dean smiled.

The walk to Dean's room was silent, Castiel didn't speak and Dean figured he was just trying to grasp what just happened, he can't imagine what Castiel must be thinking

Dean walked to his dresser, getting out an old t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Throwing them Castiel's way. "There you go bud and you should probably take a shower, you're all covered in mud." Dean shrugged. Castiel nodded his head, still his face had a sad look on it and Dean decided to not ask about it. Castiel walked to the bathroom, Dean heard the shower turn on and Castiel stepped inside.