Chapter 2: X

Dean stepped into the kitchen and saw Kevin eating more pancakes. Dean sighed, sat down and grabbed out Sam's laptop. He heard feet pacing down the stairs and turned his attention to human Castiel. He was still wearing those clothes, his hair was still a mess and his eyes were droopy. "How was breakfast?" Dean asked Castiel.

"Good. Thank you." Castiel smiled at Dean, Dean nodded his head and searched for a job. Sam couldn't go but maybe Castiel would like to join him. "What are you doing Dean?" Castiel asked, his eyes wandering to the lap top screen.

"Looking for a hunt, would you want to go with me? I mean if I found one," Dean asked.

"I would." Kevin cheered.

"You have to stay here, Crowley is still looking for you." Dean said, his eyes wandering to Kevin's, Kevin frowned and then looked back down at his plate so Dean turned back to Castiel. "Would you?" Dean asked once more.

"Why not?" Castiel shrugged. "I am human now." his voice became sad, he sat down across from Dean and starred at the table. Dean kept looking for odd cases, weird murders, anything that could be supernatural and he found one.

"Here we go." Dean said licking his lips. "It's about one state over, about five people without hearts." Dean shrugged, looking up at Castiel, who nodded his head. "I'll get things packed, you just stay down here or do you have to use the bathroom?" Dean asked him.

"Yes." Castiel said standing up.

 Dean walked up the steps to begin packing for the trip, he packed clothes, some for him and some for Castiel. Then packing some guns, leaving some for Kevin and Sam. "Cas and I are going on a job. Kevin is here, stay in bed." Dean said harshly.

"Have fun." Sam coughed, Dean nodded his head and walking downstairs.

"Give him a couple movies, check on him and ask if he needs anything. He should be good." Dean paused. "Call me if anything happens." he instructed, Kevin nodded his head and smiled.

"Have fun." Kevin said, Dean and Castiel walked out to the impala. Dean threw the bags in the back, Castiel sat up front and kept quiet.

"Are you ready?" Dean asked. Castiel nodded his head, Dean started up the car and drove off. They didn't speak only the music playing in the back ground. Even if Dean had this strange urge to keep asking Castiel how he was feeling both physically and mentally but decided it would lead to something he didn't want. They pulled up to a motel, the sun had just went down, leaving the world in a warm darkness Dean walked inside and telling Castiel to stay in the car. "Two queens." Dean smiled, the lady looked behind him and at Castiel in the car.

"Are you sure?" she asked. "We're not against homosexuals." she smiled.

Dean realized what she was thinking, "Oh no!" Dean shook his head, "Just friends." he sighed, the woman nodded and he handed her a credit card. They pulled up to the room, Dean unlocked the room and there was two queens sitting in the middle of the room. Along with a TV, a little table and a mini fridge. Dean set the bags down, Castiel wandered around the room and finally sat on the bed. "Hungry?" Dean asked him.