3 | Before the School Year Starts

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE ME QUIT MY JOB," Mr. Gaster shouted at Sans.

"I TOLD YOU WORKING THERE IS LIKE SUICIDE," Sans shouted back at his dad. "CLEAN YOUR EARS AND START LISTENING TO YOUR OLDER SON!"

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT—," he took out his phone once he got a call. "I'll be dealing with you later." He picked up the phone. "Hello? ...What? I... I got a job at what? ...Oh. Makes sense... When do I start? ...Alright. I'll be there... Is it fine if I also register my children there at the school? ...Thank you. I'll be there soon enough." After hanging up, he turned to his two sons. "Well... Thanks to Sans, ...We're moving."

Papyrus ended up making back flips in joy. "YAY!" After backflipping, he turned to his brother Sans. "Did you hear that?! WE'RE MOVING! WOWIE!"

"...I thought they would take it differently."

"Plus," Sans said, "no one in our school likes us. They think we're nothing but freaks imitating their own dad."

"Never knew that 'till now." He then picked up the phone once more. "Now I need to make a call to see which house is available for us to move into."

"THERE IS THIS PERSON I KNEW WHO SAID DIDN'T WANT TO LIVE THERE ANYMORE," Papyrus shouted. "IT'S MR. WHIMSUN! YOU KNOW! THE KIND GUY THAT HELPED US WHEN WE DIDN'T HAVE FOOD! HE JUST TOLD ME HE LEFT THE HOME DUE TO A SET OF TWO FRIENDS WHO WERE CONSIDERED WEIRD AND—,"

"Tell him we're moving there."

"...OKAY!" Papyrus made a goofy smile.

Sans smiled. "Why does Peter Pan always fly?"

"SANS DON'T RUIN THE MOMENT!!!"

Mr. Gaster grabbed tissues and stuffed them in his ears.

"Because he Neverlands," Sans said.

Papyrus flipped, screaming down the halls while running.

Sans looked at his dad, who had on a glare. "...Sorry."

===+===+===+===+===

"Everything is packed away and in the plane cargo," Alphys said, buckling in her seat belt. "Ready to see your cousin, Mettaton?"

"I just hope Burgerpants doesn't mess anything up while we're gone," he replied.

"Calm down Mettaton. Look at the bright side. At least we'll see our blood-related family. Right?"

"You have someone related to you?"

"Yeah. I have my brother who wants to be called Monster Kid for some reason. By now, he should be a Junior when entering high school. I sure do hope he's handling things without me."

"I hate it when people pick on my cousin. He did nothing wrong. He's usually so kind and a sweetheart when someone gets to know him. I just don't know why people are so mean to him. When I get there I'll make sure they'll never have to pick on him again."

Once the plane took flight, Alphys looked out of the plane windows constantly. She continued to think about her brother, whom she abandoned when Mettaton finally got his fame. In her mind, she wondered if Monster Kid would ever accept her back. Then again, she's been gone since the start of his eighth grade year, so she constantly worried he would reject her as the older sister she should have been.

"Darling," Mettaton said when he got a cup of vanilla bean coffee, "you seem a bit pale. Something up?"

"I'm just worried. There's that feeling of my brother rejecting me and saying bad stuff about me. My gut is telling me he will be criticizing me any moment."