8 | The Nice Guy in Town

"Yoooooo," MK shouted, greeting you all. "Did you see Undyne? How she scored a touchdown in the dark? That. Was. AMAZING!" He bounced around Alphys, Frisk, Undyne, Mettaton, Blooky, and you. "THAT IS THE BEST GAME I'VE EVER BEEN TO! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!"

Undyne blushed, hearing the fact she's the center of the conversation.

"I don't get how that's something to go crazy about," Alphys said, reading over her notes for Mr. Gaster's class.

"It's because we never really won a game in the past couple of years," Frisk said. "In fact, that's our first win in seven years."

"Wait," Undyne shouted. "Seven years?! That's a long time of shame!"

"Hard to believe when you're the new person."

"I know," Napstablook said with a large grin on his face. "THAT WAS AWESOME! AND SHE WAS LIKE, 'YOU GUYS WILL NEVER WIN TO US', AND THE CAPTAIN OF THE OTHER SCHOOL WAS LIKE 'Y'ALL LOSE TO US EVERY TIME! YOU STAND NO CHANCE', THEN SHE WAS LIKE, 'I'LL SHOW YOU MOFOS HOW WE RULE', AND IT WAS LIKE 'SMASH! POW! BOOM!' AND ALL OF A SUDDEN 'TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!' IT WAS AWESOME!"

You and Frisk laughed about such a thing.

"The team back in my school," Mettaton said, "was okay. Won some games, and lost some games. At times, I wished the team always loses games due to how stuck up they are."

"But Mettaton," Alphys said, "they're just trying to be like you."

Mettaton lost his words, hearing that. "...Maybe I should change a bit... Okay. Maybe a lot."

"How often does Metta mess up," Undyne asked.

"He messes up a lot," Alphys said. "He gets rude at times, starts rumors like recently, forgets he's allergic to certain things, the list can go on." She glared at Mettaton. "He even thought it was a good idea to spill soda on his head as a way of support. And guess who had to give up a jacket for the freezing diva man?"

"You?"

"Mr. Dreemurr."

Everyone nodded, some saying "Makes sense."

"I'm in the mood to skip school," Mettaton said. He saw everyone gave him a surprised face. "What?"

"YOU CAN'T JUST SKIP SCHOOL," Frisk shouted. "MR. DREEMURR PATROLS THE NEIGHBORHOODS THE STUDENTS LIVE IN TO SEE IF THEY'RE THERE!"

Sans stood behind him. "Ahem."

"Not now Sans. I was just explaining the dangers of..." Frisk turned around. "Hey Sans. Why are you still in your jersey and..."

"It's Saturday. I don't know what went in your guys minds after the game, but I don't blame you. Papyrus did the same thing. Funny how he actually got to the school wondering how the doors are closed." As he walked to the direction of school, he said, "Might as well have all of us hang out for the weekend."

"AT MY HOUSE!"

Everyone else but you looked at each other. MK said, "On second thought, we're gonna hang out at [Y/N]'s place."

"WHY MINE," you shouted.

"Cuz," Undyne said, "your mom's cooking is better than our parents."

"JUST FOR THAT?!"

"Also, you have the best video games in the block."

"BUT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH A TEACHER AS MY NEIGHBOR!"

"So? My foster dad is a teacher. Imagine living with him. He locks himself in his room until Papyrus announces the dinner is ready. Once he's done, he locks himself in there again until either he needs to eat or school."