Home

***READER'S NOTE***
hey guys!! Just letting you know that this is my first book so please let me know in the comments what I should change about my writing or at least tell me that I'm an ok writer....and sorry I know this chapter is short because I started late...Lol thanks😂👌🏼😁 oh and btw that's me in the picture😆👌🏼

Sky's POV*

I put on my pail pink wool sweater as I head towards the kitchen. I live with my grandparents and it's not that easy. I don't know what happened to my parents but whenever I ask my grandparents, they change the topic right away. I'm not the type of person that you want to ignore or change the topic with, for example, because trust me I can be a pretty vengeful lady. Grandma bakes the best chocolate chip candy cane cookies EVER. I can eat these till' the last day I live.
"Are you feeling better?" Grandma asks with an innocent voice.
"Yea but I need to get some fresh air. I'm going to the fairy marsh," I answer with a quiet voice.
"Ok well, make sure you come back on time for my cookies," she replied.
I leave out the back door, as there is a faster way to get the fairy marsh. I don't believe in fairies, but I used to pretend and make fairy gardens with my grandma by these warm marshes. Even during the winter they're still the warmest spot in the woods. We used to place fairy statues along the river. We also built in a fence around three trees. There's something peculiar about that area, though. I've had dreams about seeing wolves in there or something. I'm not sure and I don't remember but anyways they were just dreams.

Once I reach the marshes, I settle myself down next to my favorite fairy, Aria. She has long shiny red hair flowing down to her waist. Her ends are slightly curled and she wears a silky white dress that stops right above her knee. She sits in a criss-cross apple sauce sort of position, slightly slouched and her head tilted towards the sky. Now you probably understand why she's my favorite. I sit down by her and admire her for a good four minutes. As I have a controversy in my head about wether or not fairies really do exist, I notice a butterfly flutter towards me from about five to six feet away from me. I didn't see it though, I felt it. That's pretty strange because I swear I heard whispers. The butterfly gets close to me and I try to stay still, not to scare it away. It gently lands on my hand that rests on the moss beside me.

Once I realize that this bug really isn't afraid of me, I know that something's up. I look at the details of the butterfly and slightly move my hand. Still. The butterfly sits perfectly still, except for its pulsing wings, though. This freaks me out and I pull my hand level to my face. Yet still the butterfly sits on my hand. Finally it flutters off my hand towards the west wood area when I hear a crack of twigs beside me around some trees. I snap my head towards the direction of the sound. Of course, I didn't notice anyone there. The sun was setting and the skies turned to a frothy orange pink-like sky. I slowly stand up and wipe the leaves off my rear. I wave goodbye to Aria and give a slight smile as I start walking back towards home.