Family

I sip my hot chocolate slowly because it's still hot. I waltz into the living room and I see grandma and pa talking when they stop and look at me. We stare awkwardly and grandma stands up to leave. I take grandma's spot on the couch and ask pa if he's ok.
"You okay?"
He sits back and turns the T.V. On, ignoring my question. I wrinkle my forehead and stand up in front of him, blocking his view. He looks up from his glasses and sighs. He motions his hand for me to sit down. I sit down, worried.
"Well you do know you're different right?"
I stare at him with a blank face trying to match his idea of "different".
"Well yeah...everyone's different."
"No, you know what I mean. Granny used to tell you stories when you were a chum. Don't you remember those?"
"Grandpa but those were only fairytales.."
"Darling," grandma walks into the room.
" I think it's time."
"What's time?? Can someone tell me what's going on?!"
The tension was killing me. My heart was pounding like a hammer against cloth. I felt pressure on my chest every time they looked at me. I was only a minute in the conversation and I was already getting a stomach ache.
"It's like a gene, you were born with this, this power. You have a voice." ma says.
" I told you those fairytales because, well your story is just like the fairytales."
I kind of know what they're talking about but I just want to make sure it's Not what I'm thinking of.
"So...are my... parents,.."
"Alive? Yes, they are." She says
I let go of the breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I smile at the fact that I can still meet my parents. I run towards the front door and grab my coat as I go. I laugh as I get into my car and start the ignition. I drive to the town, to look for Axel.
I drive around and he isn't in sight. I sigh as I make a U turn towards the road home. Suddenly I hear a thump in the back of my truck which makes me stomp the brakes. I turn around, quickly looking towards the back. I see Axel walking beside the truck towards the passenger seat. He opens the door with a smirk on his face and splits inside, looking at me. I notice him rubbing his left shoulder.
"You really had to stop so sudden?"
"Are you kidding me? You scared the crap out of me!"
"Can we switch?" He asks giving the cutest little smile I've ever seen. I roll my eyes and open the door to get out. He sits in the drivers seat and I sit in the passenger's, because there are only two seats in the car. He starts driving at a neutral speed.
"You know where I live?"
"Yeah, but I'm not taking you home."
"Where are you taking me?"
"You'll see."
I'm really hoping he doesn't take me on a date because we just met like three days ago. On the road we're on, it splits into two and the road to the left is my road home. I wait till we get to the split to see which way we go. He takes a swift right turn. I get butterflies in my stomach because I've never been on this road and I hate surprises.
We start reaching Cold Creak Woods and I start remembering all the wolf sightings here on the news. That kind of scares me a bit. I've never seen a wolf before so can you only imagine how I would react.
We take an exit into the woods and dirt road makes the truck wobble.
We soon reach a really modern looking house. The lights are on and only then I realize that the sun had set already. He turns off the truck and grabs the keys. We both look at each other.
"Is this where you live?"
He nods and steps out making his way around the truck. He opens my door and smiles. I step out and realize how poorly I was dressed. Of course, my luck. I'm wearing my droopy burgundy sweater with black tights and Uggs. I sigh and droop my head.
"Whats wrong?"
I stop walking and point at my clothes.
"Oh, don't worry about that, you look gorgeous. Always."
I roll my eyes as he puts his arm around my neck and kisses my head. In the distance, through the tall modern windows, I see someone walk out of the room. Lord help me. What a great first impression Sky.