Stay

SKY'S POV****

I yawn and roll to my side. I keep my eyes closed because I know that Ax is sitting by my side, waiting for me to get up. I hear his breath and I open my eyes. He's beautiful. Bright light eyes and the cutest messy hair ever.
"Morning babe."
"Morning," I answer.
"Are you hungry?" He asks
"Yeah."
I get up and stretch my arms. All of a sudden he pulls out a small table with little legs and places it onto my lap. It has a little pink and purple flowers in a small vase and a fresh glass of orange juice, plate of over-easy eggs, bacon and ... Mac and cheese?
What ever, I really like Mac and cheese anyway.
"Wow. Thanks Ax. Why did you.."
"I'm gonna take my family to your house."
I take my first bite and almost spit it out.
"What?! No wait! My grandparents should get to know you first. I mean this is too short of a notice! Plus there's.."
"So it's a no?.."
His puppy face isn't gonna work on me...
"Axel.."
He curls his lip even more. Ugh he's so cute.
"Fine. But let me call them first."
Ax jumps off the bed and runs out of the room. He shortly comes back in with his phone.
I call my grandparents and wait for them to answer.
"Nana?"
"Yes who is this?"
"It's Sky."
"Oh hello dear."
"So I'm gonna bring my friend over. Is it ok with you?"
"Alright. Just let me clean the living room first okay?"
"Alright so I'll come in like half an hour."
"Okay."
I hang up and hand the phone back to Ax. I let out a deep sigh and slouch. Staring at my food.
"Want me to get you new clothes?"
"Um but I already have clothes..."
"We'll go to the city."
"Okay then."
I get up out of bed and he comes straight at me with a big sweet hug.
I laugh and hug back. I pull back to release and he holds on to me.
"Okay Ax, let me get ready babe."
He mumbled something and I look into his eyes.
"I want to start a family with you Sky."
I stand frozen and my heart agrees with those words. My brain is telling me 'no'.
"Axel, babe I love you. So so much but, I'm only seventeen."
"It's fine! We can wait. And for your eighteenth birthday we'll move into a brand new house. You can customate everything and.."
"Ax. I need to finish my early life. I- I need to finish school and... When I have time, then we can start a family. I mean, that would take about 5 years."
Axel's smile drops.
"Babe!"
"Axel. Please not right now."
I walk out of the room making my way to the bathroom. I lock the door and look in the mirror. God I'm so angry. Why is he rushing me?! I'm still a kid. I need to live the last few years of my childhood. I shrug and go into the toilet to do my business. I finish and wash my hands and walk out. Axel just literally ruined my day. Like, is he crazy or something?!
"Can we leave? Are you ready?"
"Yea lets go." He says
We walk down the stairs and I reach his parents.
"Good morning guys!"
"Good morning Sky! How'd you sleep?" Theresa says.
"Great." I reply
Axel's mom and sister grab their coats and we make it to the car. Wow. It's a Maserati. In black. I get into the back seat with Savannah and Axel sits into the driver's seat with mom right next to him.
"Wait what about my truck?"
"I'll bring it to you later."
"Okay."
We start driving straight to my house and skip the city plan because it's almost lunch time.
We drive for about 20 minutes and finally arrive.
"Okay we're here."
We get out and I purposely walk faster to get to the door first .
I open the door and grandma quickly looks behind me at everyone else.
"Well hello!" She shouts smiling
"Hello lovely!" Ax"s mom yells back
They hug as Savannah and I look at each other.

"Well let's go inside." My grandma says making her way inside.
They sit down and start to talk and I just sit there.

"So where are your parents Sky?" Ax's mom asks
I look at my grandmother and frown.
"Well that's a long story, not for today." She says

I scoff and go upstairs to my room. I sit in my bed and stare out my window. They damp Mossy- soil scent fills my room from the window. Soon enough nana comes inside. She slowly closes the door.

"I'm sorry." She says
I look down at my hands as she sits down.

" you know, I'm trying to protect you." She says

"From what nana?!" I yell

"All you've done is cause me to be sad! All my life. What do you expect me to feel?" I say

"I know. I know." She says calmly

"That's why I'm here honey. I'm gonna tell you why." She says

I look up at her confused.

"We- your parents and papa and I-"

"My parents?" I ask "my parents are dead nana."

"No. Honey they aren't dead." She says

"Are you kidding me??!!" I yell

"Nana what the hell is going on?"

"Let me speak. Sit down." She says. I finally realize I'm standing up and sit back down

"We have been protecting you your whole life from bad people. don't ask you'll find out later but you and your sister have been told that your parents are dead all your lives."

"Wait, wait wait. Sister? Nana you tell me my parents are dead and now you're telling me I have a sister?" I ask

"Sky. This is not my reason right now. What I'm trying to tell you is that there are bad people that we are protecting you from!"

"Nana please. I know I don't need to know this. But, please tell me about my sister." I say as I start to cry.

She sees my tears and sighs.

"Alright. You have a sister. A twin sister." I feel my eyes widen

"And she is alive, she um. She was separated from us. She was given to an old family friend, he wasn't the nicest, but you were given to us."

"Wait. What do you mean he "wasn't the nicest?"

"Well he did get angry quite often."

"Oh my god nana! We have to get her!"

"Well, I would be glad but, I'm a little old to go racing and looking for her."

"Nana you stay in the house. I'll be back." I say as I run out of my room

"Be careful Sky!" She yells