Chapter 17-

***SKY'S POV***

I wake and sit up. Mat isn't here. For a second I could smell Axel's scent. For a second I forgot how much I hate him. As soon as I swing my legs over the bed to sit up, Mat walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Good morning sweetie."

"You're so tacky." I say as I stand up.
He laughs and gives me a hug. I poorly hug him back and walk towards the door.

"What's wrong?" He says
I turn around and sigh.
"I'm hungry."
He smiles and follows me down the stairs. Once I reach the last step, I freeze and quickly bolt up the stairs, hitting Mat's shoulder pretty hard along the way. I run into his room and slam the door shut. I sit on the bed and put both hands on my fore head.

I can't do this everyday. Seeing Axel everywhere I go?? He looked at me and smiled. Ugh. How dare he???! I can't live like this. I'm going back to my grandparents. Mathew walks into the room and sprints towards me.
"Babe?! What the heck just happened? Are you feeling ok?"
"No. Please just bring the breakfast up here."
"Is it.... Him?"
"Please Mat just go."

He walks out the room and I lay down. Rose was sitting on the counter. She was giggling and he was kissing the cheek by her ear. Then they stopped and looked at me. Gosh I was so humiliated. I can't live like this. Mat comes back with a plate of food and he ribs my back.

"Sky please... Tell me what he did to you."

I shake my head and I sigh.

"I can't be like this. I have to face it."
I hand the plate to him and I keep my head up in confidence as I walk down the stairs. Mat follows me from behind and I reach the bottom where they looks at me again. I don't look them in the eyes, I just keep walking.

I open the fridge and take out the orange juice while I know they are still looking at me.

"Sky?" I hear Rose ask

I roll my eyes and ignore her.

"Sky please I'm sorry." I hear her say as she starts to walk towards me.

I quickly fling my arm out, hitting her in the side.

"OWW!" She yells
She grabs my arm and squeezes it. I turn towards her, growling into her face. My eyes are probably black by now. I want to rip her head off so badly right now. She senses my anger and she lets go, Axel grabbing her from behind and pulling her away.

I turn away seeing Mat in the corner of my eye, standing there probably in shock. I grunt and walk into the living room, sitting down on the couch. A sudden sharp pain springs through my joints. I yelp in pain and Mat runs into the room faster than ever.

"Babe!" He holds me and the pain, quickly goes away. I sigh and i see Axel walk in.

"She ok?"

I turn and give a dirty look and Mat looks at him, and Axel leaves.
Mat carries me upstairs where I lay under the sheets. I fall asleep in an instant, for some reason I'm exhausted.

***HOURS LATER***

I wake up and it's 10:34. Wow. I slept long. Mat is asleep next to me and I sigh. He then opens his eyes and looks at me. I lay back down next to him. His beautiful emerald eyes glisten and he smiles. He kisses me and we don't stop. Soon enough, we mate.

This is so much better than Axel could have ever done. We soon finish and we fall asleep around 12:00.

***MORNING***

I wake up to a pain in my lower stomach. Mat is already up and he grabs my hand.

"Hey. What's the matter?" He asks

"I don't know." I stand up and walk to the bathroom. My throat starts to feel funny. Then I start to feel sick. I kneel on my knees and lean into the toilet, throwing up.

Mat runs into the bathroom, hugging me with one arm, holding my hair back with the other.

"Oh jeez." He says.

I stop and go to the sink, to rinse my mouth out. I finish up and turn to him.

"I'm getting really sick Mat."

"I know." He says and walks towards me and gives a hug.

"We'll visit the pack doctor if you want."

***LEILANI'S POV***

it's been two days since Zac has passed. The whole pack is grieving. I am left alone in my room to grieve by myself. He was closest to me. My best friend. I cry and think about my girls. I hope they're safe. There is no one else to send there to save them. They're probably living in hell. There is a soft knock on my door. Someone then enters without my permission.

"Lee."  My mate says.

I turn around and he kneels by me.

"Lee I contacted the Snow Motley Leopard Pack. They agreed to help."
"Really?" I ask
"Yes... We attack in four days."
"Oh-" I laugh and hug my mate.
I'm so glad that they are helping. I know I'm not going to get along with the Luna cat of the pack, but... I don't care. This is all for my girls.

***SKY'S POV***

I lay down on the table and Jackie smiles.

"What's going on you two?"

"She's getting weird pains in her lower stomach." Mat says

Nurse Jackie looks at me and I nod my head.

"Well then. I'll examine you."

She takes out the stethoscope and listens to my heart beat. She then furrows her eyebrows, and looks at my stomach strangely.

"When's the last time you got your period?" She asks

My heart drops and I know that this is the case. Oh god. Not now, please.

I swallow hard and answer, "umm, last month..."

She walks over to this computer and sets something up, gathering a rack of equipment. I look at Mat and he smiles. I'm so nervous right now.

She comes to me and grabs the rim of my shirt.

"May I?" She asks and I nod

She lifts my shirt up to right under my bra. She grabs this clear lubricant and rubs it onto my stomach. This relaxes me a little.  She then grabs this tool, connected to a wire when I feel Mat grabbing my hand. She puts it against my stomach and rolls it around.

"Oh my... It looks like... It's been here for a while now. Congratulations!!" Jackie says

Mat looks at me and starts to tear. He then hugs me. I keep my eyes open, looking at the screen. A screen with a picture of... Some sort of being. A dark figure which looks like it had been developing for weeks.

This is strange. I had only mated with Mat just last night.

"Sky! This is great! We're gonna have a pup!! Our very own family."

I force a smile to mask my confusement.

"Yes. This is wonderful!!"

"Well I guess I'll leave you two some privacy." Jackie smiles and leaves. She's so sweet.