Chapter 20

***MATHEW'S POV***

I run back inside, killing a leopard on my way in, with just one punch to the stomach. I reach a wolf, slightly bigger than me, and he looks straight at me. I kept my promise with Sky. Can't break it.

I take a deep breathe in. I run at him, tackling him to the floor. I quickly run upstairs. I stop on one of the stairs and take deep breaths. I'm still out of breath. Suddenly I turn around to go up the stairs when, I see stars and I black out.

***ROSALIND'S POV***

We then leave the room into the hallway. We reach the stairs and Derek punches someone... Oh my... It's Mat.

"Uh.." I stand frozen

Derek tugs my hand and he turns around.

"What's wrong?" He asks

"That's, um... My sisters mate." I say

"Oops. Well we have to keep going." Derek says.

He tugs me down the stairs and we make our way out. I get into a car along with some other pack members. We drive off. I'm going to miss Axel.

***SKY'S POV***

I slowly walk toward the door. Mat isn't answering me. I rub my cheek to lessen the after pain. I don't want to leave. I walk towards the stairs to find Mat's body limp mid-stair. I run to him, sitting on the step. I lift his head onto my lap.

"Mathew babe. Please wake up. I need you right now please."

I quickly start to tear. Now I'm pretty scared.

"Mathew! Please! Get up!"

Soon enough a leopard reaches the bottom stair.  It looks at me and recognizes me, does a cat sort of sound. I softly place mat's head on the stair. The leopard takes one step, and another.

I slowly stand up taking a backwards step up the stairs. I then remember I'm wearing my favorite mid-thigh length light lavender dress. Damon Sky. Not the right time. I suddenly bolt straight up the couple steps and I head straight into the room, then remembering that there was no door anymore.

I hear the leopard right behind me and I race to the bathroom that's connected to Mat's room. I slam the bathroom door shut behind me and I lock it. I hear the leopard scratch at the door. I know that they're not going to let me stay here. Even if I want to. They won't let me. The leopard is probably confused why I'm running from it.

He should of figured it out by now. I look around for something that could spare me, and I luckily, find a window. It's big enough for me to fit through it. I open it and look down. It's only about a six foot jump. I put my legs over the windowsill and I take a deep breath in.

"Sorry Mat." I say

I then jump. A sudden rush of butterflies flow through my stomach. This lasts about two seconds before I reach the floor. I thump onto my hands and knees, standing quickly and I wipe the mud off my hands and knees. I look up, and I don't see the leopard by the window. I can smell someone coming outside.

This is my time to switch. Into my wolf. I close my eyes and focus. I picture myself as a wolf and I suddenly feel my joints and muscles fall out of place. I open my eyes and look down. I look down to my white fluffy paws. I'm in shock and amazement. Well there goes my favorite dress. I just remembered. It's not healthy to switch while I'm pregnant.

I don't care. I have to get out of here. I feel someone grip and pull my tail, making bolt for the woods. As I yank my tail out of whoever's hands those were, I yelp and keep running.

***MATHEW'S POV***

I start to wake up up and I rub my face. I stand up and I gasp at the fact that they came from my room. I race up the stairs and my door has been knocked down.

"Sky!!!" I yell

I look every where to find nothing. I look into the bathroom and the window. It's open. I look down to see dark marks in the mud. And her dress.

"Sky!! Please where are you!!!"

I suddenly hear a distant howl. I know it's her. It's Sky.
I jump out of the window and I switch to my wolf. I follow her scent and into the woods.
I see a distant a white glow behind a couple trees. I run like never before and I reach Sky. Woah. She has a beautiful white coat. Beautiful big red eyes. What a pretty Lycan.

She rubs against me and I rub back, showing my affection. I mind link her.
'Follow me. I know a safe place.'
She nods and we start to run. Wow. This is our first run together.

***half an hour later***

We reach the small cottage and we look at each other. There are herbs hanging by the door. And there are....frog legs? I slowly approach the door and scratch at it. I howl a small howl. Suddenly a woman opens the door.

"Well hello Mathew!!!!" She scratches under my chin.

I can feel my tail wag. I love her.

"Who is this?" My aunt asks with a big smile.

I walk beside her into the cottage Sky follows. I walk to the ball room with her and we switch. I'm already used to seeing her naked. I hand her a slouchy linen dress. I then grab myself the extra clothes I have here. We walk into the living room.

"Aunt, this is my mate, Sky. Sky this is my Aunt, Ebony. Also meaning "dark beauty"." I say as I roll my eyes

***SKY'S POV***

I laugh and look at Ebony. She's so pretty. Her long blonde hair flows down to her hip.

"She likes when I say the meaning of her name."

I smile and hug her. She hugs me back tightly.

"And as you were guessing, she's a witch."

I always did believe in witches.

"Oh and um, my mate she's, the daughter of Alpha Jax of the Silvermoon pack."

Ebony gasps,"the sister?"

"Yes." He answers

"Sky? Did you see your sister?"

"Um yeah... I did. She left."

"With your pack?"

"Yeah...She tried to bring me. I hid."

"Aw I'm sorry I should have been there for you."
He hugs me.

"What happened to you? On the stairs?" I ask

"Oh I um... I fainted." He looks down and scratches his head.

I giggle,"yeah I felt that punch on the side of my cheek." I shake my head.