A Relationship with My Brother's Friend

|Issa Thompson's Imagine|

Rahkira.

How do you tell your big brother that you have a relationship with his bestfriend. I have been dating his bestfriend, Issa for a good two years. In fact, he is the father of our one year daughter. My brother was livid when he found out I was pregnant. He wanted to kill my baby father but little did he know it was Issa.

So today Issa and I are going to tell my brother that we are together and there's nothing he can do about it. I love Issa with all my heart and I will do anything to keep here forever. Right now my mama is downstairs making dinner.

I walked down downstairs and was setting up the table. I noticed the table was longer than the usual size.

"Mama, why is the table longer? I thought this was a family dinner for 6." I said.

"Well, it was until Issa's mother called me and said they were coming over. Don't worry, I told them the situation"

I was relieved about that but I was still questioning on why his family was still coming over. Anyway, I went to wash up and then I washed my child up then we both got wash. We laid out on our bed watching tv until my brother knocked on the door.

"Dinner ready, sister." he said as he watched me do his niece's hair.

"Okay, brother."

After he walked out, I couldn't even be even more nervous. "Ready to see daddy?" I asked my child and she just clapped her hands.

My child and I both walked down the stairs. We greeted Issa's parents and they played with their grandchild. I loved this moment so much, I just wished I told my brother sooner. Baby girl was all on Issa and my brother would be so confused on why she was all on him.

"Rahkira, come get this girl. All in Issa like he her daddy"

It was nothing but silence. He didn't even noticed the silence at all. He kept on watching the game.

"Good Luck," I heard my father say. He ain't no better. Only thing I can say is that he was truly relieved when I told him that Issa was the father. Issa has a college's degree in English so he is working on his master's.

"Dinner Y'all" Mama yelled out.

After prayer we all dig in the food. I was fixing Issa plate and baby girl's plate. My brother was just looking at me weird.

"Yo Kira, are you somebody's wife. Why are you fixing that man's plate. He can do it himself."

All my brother did was nag. I am about tired of this shit. "Look, I've been wanting to tell you this for a really long time and I just couldn't bring myself to it. Issa is-"

"Issa is Alyssa's father." he said as he cut me off. I just looked at him strangely like how do you know.

"You guys must think I am dumb. Alyssa and Issa looks exactly alike. When I watch her grow, she was looking like this nigga more everyday."

"I'm not mad, I am just hurt you couldn't just tell me. I've been trying to hook you two fools up for the longest. Plus Issa and I already had this talk. You is about 4 months late on this conversation. I just wanted to see if you was going to tell me." he said,

"You know I won't judge you off the bat. I give you my word." He said.

"Issa, take care of my sister. You know you have my blessings. Right along with my parents." he added. I was confused at that part. Like what blessings.

"Go ahead Alyssa." Issa said as he smiled at me.

Baby girl lifted her necklace up. There was a beautiful vintage diamond ring. I remember I told Issa that I wanted this as my engagement ring. "Issa, what's this" I said as I began to cry.

"Rahkira, we been through so much with our child. I thank you everyday for her and you know that. I love this little family we have and hope to make it much bigger than what it is. Will you be my Mrs. Thompson?" he asked.

I was lost of words so all I did was nod. I nodded yes because the lord knows I love this man. I never thought my brother would be extremely okay with this. I love how we can talk like grown ups and get along.

___________________________

Rahkira, I hope you enjoyed this. Thanks for requesting.

-janiece.