First Meeting?

I'm going to be late, it's official. I've been driving around the city for ten minutes and now I'm in a rich development that is nowhere near where I need to be. I need to ask someone if I ever want to be there at a decent time. I pull over in front of one of these lovely homes, hoping maybe someone here can help me out.

As soon as I step out, a woman walking her dog down the well-kept sidewalk gives me a look. Maybe she recognizes me? But then I realize, it's because I've stepped in dog shit. I quickly take my shoe off and walk to the front door of this mansion, with one shoe on. I can't catch a break even in 1988.

I knock as hard as I can on the front door, waiting patiently for someone to open the door. Someone does come, they're about fifty feet tall and that's when I realize that it's Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I'm honestly surprised, they weren't lying when they said you'll run into celebrities everywhere in California. I politely smile at him and ask him what I intended to ask.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some directions to a restaurant called Govor's?"

He looks genuinely confused, like as if he wants to say 'why is this girl asking for directions?' But that expression quickly disappears, instead turning into a sympathetic one. I explain a bit more about my situation so he walks out with me to my car to show me how to get out of here.

"You're far off from Govor's, you need to turn around on this street and make a left. Then, take the freeway back into the city, follow the signs for Los Angeles and from there, take the first right onto Diamond Boulevard. Stay on Diamond for a couple blocks and you'll see Govor's is right at the intersection on your right."

"Thank you, how do you know the directions to Govor's so well?"

"I go there from time to time, now you said you were supposed to be there at 12:30?"

"Yeah."

"Well, the best time that route will get you is about..." He takes a look at a very expensive watch before he continues, "1:15 with traffic." Nice going, Kendra. You're going to be 45 minutes late. Whoever I'm meeting is going to chew me out.

"Anyways, thank you so much for your directions. I better start going before I get any more late," I quickly hop into the Rover, waving a small bit at Kareem before following his exact directions. I'm lucky that I was always good with remembering instructions given to me. It takes 45 minutes like I expected, pulling up at this place at exactly 1:15.

The restaurant is really nice and very sophisticated, even with its outside area. A very handsome valet takes the keys to my car while I look around clueless for whoever I'm meeting. Honestly, the day planner was pretty vague even though I was the one-technically speaking-who wrote it in. At the time, I'm guessing I knew who this 'JJ' person was. Before I walk through the patio area of the restaurant, someone stands up and looks directly at me. Obviously, he noticed me before I noticed him and for that I'm truly thankful.

"Baby! Over here!" Baby? Why is this man calling me baby? I mean he's really good looking but I don't know him like that. I assume this is the JJ that was I talking about on the day planner and go over to him. He looks very familiar but I can't place him, not until I've come up close to him. In fact, it's like I've seen that face before except on an album. This is Jackie Jackson of the Jacksons.

He pulls me in for a quick hug, holding me close to him. He tries to kiss me on the lips but I quickly turn my head away so he can kiss my cheek. I awkwardly move back from the hug and sit across from him at the table. Am I dating him? I mean, he called me baby and tried to kiss me so I'm going to assume I am. But I don't anything about him other than the fact that he's Michael's brother.